C4 Forums | Control4

Roku app launch - but remote doesn't change context?

I have lost myself a bit in this. The physical set up:

Roku > HDMI Matrix > Sony TV

The HDMI Matrix is an HDFury and controlled via web calls in the Chow Main TCP driver. I have created an AV Path Setter object to connect the Roku to the TV seeing that the matrix has no real driver and C4 has no logical concept of the physical connection.

I assigned the blue button to launch Disney+. Great, the TV turns on, Roku launches Disney+ .... but I can't control the Roku. If I hit Watch > Roku the context changes and the remote can now work with the Roku.

I am missing something basic. How do I launch a Roku app AND have the remote (SR260) switch context to control the Roku too? Also, I am curious if I am using the AV Path Setter correctly in this context as I have never ventured outside the C4 product line for such things.

Hrm, that isn't working either. So here are the two things I have tried.

Launch App. This works except I have the situation where the Roku context is missing and the remote won't let me navigate until I choose Watch > Roku.

VRNOIPc.png

Here I "turn on" the mini driver. This seems to do absolutely nothing and why I wonder if I have the AV Path Setter wrong somehow. 

hOTZeWM.png

And here is the AV Path setter in case I bungled something here that is causing an issue.

lxuVSnm.png

i8qu97n.png

That's where I am getting wrapped around the axle and how I ended up in the other areas. It doesn't exist along with Netflix and Hulu and....:

1xYpe9w.png

And as I was writing this I realized the issue. The App Switcher in Connections only has 25 slots. What I see above is the first 25 apps installed by the "Add mini driver" action. I just had to disconnect a bunch to make room, connect Hulu and Disney etc, and boom, there they are,. Sigh. Mental note on this one. If you have a Roku with a metric butt ton of channels, you'll need to go back and connect the ones you care to control.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

If they aren't there they aren't bound 

Yeah, see the end of my post where I figured this out. Where it got really hairy is the project was corrupt seemingly which was another layer of ghost complication that was making me nuts. The Roku simply wouldn't do any thing as its outputs were seen as going to limbo. There was a power outage a few days back on this controller, so I think it didn't like that at all and precipitated all of my dark alley chases. Happily a validation fixed it all seemingly.

2dtDdMa.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.