C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone else having c4 app issues?

In the last few days the connection to my C4 through the android app has been hit or miss when not on wifi. It successfully goes through all the stages of connecting, then just gets stuck on "getting wake/sleep info" and won't move on from there no matter how long.

Right now I have been trying to connect for 2 hours and havent been able to. My 4sight is up to date.

EDI: Manually power cycling the controller did finally let me login. This has been happening a few times now though, anyway to get to the bottom of it?

14 hours ago, timelinex said:

In the last few days the connection to my C4 through the android app has been hit or miss when not on wifi. It successfully goes through all the stages of connecting, then just gets stuck on "getting wake/sleep info" and won't move on from there no matter how long.

Right now I have been trying to connect for 2 hours and havent been able to. My 4sight is up to date.

EDI: Manually power cycling the controller did finally let me login. This has been happening a few times now though, anyway to get to the bottom of it?

This is not normal at all, have your controller checked for old drivers or programing glitches that eats up memory, open a ticket with C4 or have your dealer do a quick health check.

• 1 month later...

The issue goes away if I power cycle the C4, but it randomly comes back and that means I can't open the gate for someone like my landscaper when I need to. C4 has been the worst system to work with.

Does anyone have any advice on how to actually diagnose this that isn't just contacting your dealer? I have full access to Composer. All my drivers are up to date. Where can I find logs to show me glitches or memory hogs.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Well if you’ve got pro, figure it out. Clearly you don’t want to work with your dealer or C4 support. 

Very helpful, thank you. May as well close down forum responses and have an autoresponse saying "contact your dealer". 👍

25 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

could be issues with the certificates potentially or the controller registration

Or a corrupt driver causing a memory leak, abusing the CPU etc.

The reality is when one cannot sort a problem oneself, one has to call an expert (in this case, that would be your dealer). Sorry, but it is the best advice right now.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:39 PM, timelinex said:

The issue goes away if I power cycle the C4, but it randomly comes back and that means I can't open the gate for someone like my landscaper when I need to. C4 has been the worst system to work with.

Does anyone have any advice on how to actually diagnose this that isn't just contacting your dealer? I have full access to Composer. All my drivers are up to date. Where can I find logs to show me glitches or memory hogs.

Thanks

I bit you are on HC800 2.10.6?

On 7/14/2021 at 8:06 PM, timelinex said:

Very helpful, thank you. May as well close down forum responses and have an autoresponse saying "contact your dealer". 👍

If u have the time, take a look at the logs and help your dealar by directing him to examine where the problems are … 😂😂😂

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.