C4 Forums | Control4

Insteon /ISY Workaround

I am trying to brain storm with my installer on bringing over my existing infrastructure ISY (25 keypads, 30 light switches/dimmers) into control4. The initial thought was to bring over Insteon into Vera, and then connect Vera & Control4. Unfortunately, after testing out Vera for a while, I wasn't able to bring in Keypads and the dimmers didn't really work on Vera. While the easy solution is to just replace all the devices, I am trying to brainstorm on other solutions that can get me there without the huge price tag of buying all new. I know there is a driver that was created, but I was told it may not work with my switches as they could be too new. 

Has anyone successfully integrated a clients Insteon switches / dimmers / keypads into Control4? What did you do?   Is there another intermediary system that you could bring Insteon into, and then that system worked well with Control4?

Any information or pointing me in the right direction would be very very appreciated. 

2 hours ago, zg825 said:

Has anyone successfully integrated a clients Insteon switches / dimmers / keypads into Control4? What did you do? 

Back in the day...sort of.

I'm not going to bother expanding no that - quite frankly, I would tell you to take them out, sell them and move on.

Stand alone Insteon isn't terrible provided you're the one to start and finish it but there's good reason Domeaudio hasn't moved the driver over to Blackwire...it's just not worth it.

Want a cheaper option, use Control4's essential lighting where all you need is a rocker and combine with a few keypads or keypad dimmers where needed.

Or look at Lutron RA, or heck I'd even advise changing to all Belkin Wemo devices over trying to make Insteon to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.