C4 Forums | Control4

HC250 - Lost Wifi Connection? Help please.

Afternoon All, 

My HC250 Controller has lost its data link and wifi lights.

We havent had any power issues and havent had any surges so its definately not fried. I recently changed my network name (SSID) would that have caused this issue?

Normally we control the system with the app via phones or tablets but The app cant seem to connect and wont find my system anymore. We have tried the old, hard reset and turning it off and on but still has the same issue.

Does anyone have any fixs or work arounds? Cannot do anything with the system and dont have a technical in melbourne i can go to as the 2 I used were horrible I will never use them again.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hey there, Thanks for your reply.

The issue actually happened before I changed the SSID but we had to change to a new router due to new internet supplier.

If we change it back to the original SSID will it re-recognise? Or does it still need to be reprogrammed?

Also, is there a way to reprogram without having to contact a control4 programmer or is that the only way?

34 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Well yeah, how would changing your SSID not be a problem? All devices that were connected to the old SSID need to be reprogrammed for the new one. 

Hey there, Thanks for your reply.

The issue actually happened before I changed the SSID but we had to change to a new router due to new internet supplier.

If we change it back to the original SSID will it re-recognise? Or does it still need to be reprogrammed?

Also, is there a way to reprogram without having to contact a control4 programmer or is that the only way?

if you make it the same SSID and passphrase and reboot it (assuming you also haven't change encryption types) it should automatically reconnect.

If that doesn't work you will need a dealer to do a network configuration in person for the device.

33 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

if you make it the same SSID and passphrase and reboot it (assuming you also haven't change encryption types) it should automatically reconnect.

If that doesn't work you will need a dealer to do a network configuration in person for the device.

Hey there,

I have changed back and now the Link light has come back on but still not the wifi light. I am able to connect and find the system but it doesnt have all items such as cameras etc. Also when I click watch and foxtel, it kicks me out and then i have to close the app and open to reconnect.

Do you know why this would be happening? Pictures attached below.

Also, its now asking for a 4sight subscription and ive never had nor needed one?

2.jpg

1.png

3.jpg

11 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Are you connected to wife on your phone?

I would try removing your system from the app and adding it back. 

Hey,

yeh I’m connected to the same wifi as what the system is/was. It allows me to re-add it into the app, downloads And syncs the rooms and shows all of them how they should be with cameras and all.

It allows me to run through and change rooms but Once it’s ready to use, you click watch and then foxtel and it disconnects from system and comes up with the 4sight message again. 

Any other ideas?! Do you think if I connect directly with the composer I can do anything to help it?

ACD02E39-8415-4E60-B5B4-97E1B0DCE2B9.png

EE8A0260-5738-47F5-8072-E47FB34C1AD7.png

Static IP on the HC250 in a different range than the new network setup.

Unless you're able to set the ip range the same in the router to what it was (and know what it was) you're going to have to get a dealer involved.

IF you can get a temporary line to the HC250 OR you can move the 250 to where the router is temporarily, a remote dealer may be able to walk you through it, but this is beyond what the forums can help you with at this point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.