C4 Forums | Control4

Recommended Toronto Control4 Dealer

Teehan

Question

Hi Guys,

New to this group and Control4.  Bought a house in Toronto that has a ton of C4 stuff and met with the support dealer this morning - not impressed.  He was supposed to "teach" me about the system and what we have and the first statement was that the controllers are old and you should buy new ones, the cameras are old and you should buy new ones, the system needs to be reformatted and I need to reprogram it for you.  Anyhow, didn't leave a great taste in my mouth as it sounded like all he wanted to do was find a way to sell me new stuff.  Does anyone have a Dealer in Toronto that they trust to not take you to the cleaners?

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Teehan said:

Hi Guys,

New to this group and Control4.  Bought a house in Toronto that has a ton of C4 stuff and met with the support dealer this morning - not impressed.  He was supposed to "teach" me about the system and what we have and the first statement was that the controllers are old and you should buy new ones, the cameras are old and you should buy new ones, the system needs to be reformatted and I need to reprogram it for you.  Anyhow, didn't leave a great taste in my mouth as it sounded like all he wanted to do was find a way to sell me new stuff.  Does anyone have a Dealer in Toronto that they trust to not take you to the cleaners?

Yes, you are likely being sold. This is typical and id advise you to find another dealer. Your system across all areas definitely would have software updates and hardware upgrades, but nothing is needed unless you have performance issues or are looking for new features. If you can provide us with product models and OS version we can explain more. Im sure someone from your area can comment more about dealership options. 

I use a remote dealer that isn't right in Toronto but isn't too far away.  Depending on your tech abilities that may or not work for you.  My original dealer was from 14 years ago when my system was installed and he is no longer an active dealer and he was more of a traditional 120 volt electrician than a HA guy.  After that it can get difficult to get a dealer's attention since they want the $10k+ of a new project.

PM me if you want more info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.