C4 Forums | Control4

Rachio and MoenFlo

So I'm trying to do what I think should be simple. 

When Rachio irrigation turns on (zone 1-8) 

Set MoenFlo to sleep. 

When Rachio Off

Set Flo home. 

But C4 does not seem to pick up on the event when triggered from the Rachio or C4 app. 

I need this as the long waterings trigger the flo ai as a leak event. 

I do not use Rachio so not sure about the driver, but I do use the Moen Flo. There is a way to teach the Moen Flo how to recognize your sprinkler zones and you might do this. Better yet, install the Moen Flo after the sprinkler system in your water loop if possible. And if this is possible, install a flow meter on your sprinkler system which would be good either way so you can detect when the lines break or a sprinkler head pops off.

I was contemplating getting my Flo integrated into my Control4, but dealer said the driver costs $200 and thought it’s not something I usually change much.

although I do see the usefulness it can be per your example,

although my sprinklers are not on the same water supply as the Flo.

I also have a Rachio irrigation controller as well! It’s great and is in my C4!

3 hours ago, antneed said:

I was contemplating getting my Flo integrated into my Control4, but dealer said the driver costs $200 and thought it’s not something I usually change much.

I have all of my water leak sensors tied into C4 via my security panel. So the Flo driver allows me to shut off water if leak is detected by a sensor before FLO figures it out. 

I am also able to put FLO into away mode or sleep mode via C4. So for example, if alarm armed away, put Flo into away mode.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, C4 User said:

I do not use Rachio so not sure about the driver, but I do use the Moen Flo. There is a way to teach the Moen Flo how to recognize your sprinkler zones and you might do this. Better yet, install the Moen Flo after the sprinkler system in your water loop if possible. And if this is possible, install a flow meter on your sprinkler system which would be good either way so you can detect when the lines break or a sprinkler head pops off.

It's tough to teach it Rachio as Rachio is not dumb schedules and rain skips but adjusts monthly etc. 

22 hours ago, C4 User said:

I have all of my water leak sensors tied into C4 via my security panel. So the Flo driver allows me to shut off water if leak is detected by a sensor before FLO figures it out. 

I am also able to put FLO into away mode or sleep mode via C4. So for example, if alarm armed away, put Flo into away mode.

When you do that do you see it in the Flo app?

37 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

When you do that do you see it in the Flo app?

I think you are asking if i shut off the Flo valve via C4 do i see it in the Flo app. I will need to test it and get back to you but i am pretty sure the answer will be yes since C4 communicates to Flo app and not to the valve directly.

@SMHarman- I don’t have a Rachio system so cant say why C4 has no way of telling that the Rachio is irrigating (that seems very backward and surprising).

In terms of a solution, why not put a manual override time period in via Flo sense in the Flo App.  I have found this to be preferable for my irrigation times than turning on and off sleep mode via C4 although I could theoretically do either.

As a matter of interest, I also have a well (at least I assume that what we call a borehole is what you would call a well) but my Flo meter is on the council line.  The pump for our borehole starts automatically if there is a loss of pressure and acts as backup water for the house.  I use C4 to close the Flo valve whenever irrigation starts… this kills the council water supply and the drop in pressure turns on the borehole pump and thus all irrigation (and any home consumption for this time period) comes from the borehole.  I turn all keypad backlights to blue to warn people that they are using borehole water. 

On 6/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, msgreenf said:

Even better your house water and sprinkler should not be on the same meter...

Different parts of the country do this differently. You’re right that the setup you describe is ideal (and what I currently have) but it isn’t always an option. 

OK so random update. 

I updated my code to include push notifications and I was not seeing the push notifications either. 

Monday morning I wake up to push notifications and working code. 

I didn't change the code!  Driver updates are set to auto as is C4 code base. Perhaps driver fairies updated something and fixed this. 

2 hours ago, SMHarman said:

OK so random update. 

I updated my code to include push notifications and I was not seeing the push notifications either. 

Monday morning I wake up to push notifications and working code. 

I didn't change the code!  Driver updates are set to auto as is C4 code base. Perhaps driver fairies updated something and fixed this. 

Got to love the driver fairies… it is the driver gremlins that I don’t like!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.