c4forums | The Control4 Community

Lutron RadioRa2 integration best practices

Hello,

I am looking for advice on integrating an existing RadioRa2 installation with a Control4 install. The RadioRa2 switches, dimmers and picos have been fully configured and scenes programmed in the Lutron repeater. I am thinking it's best to have all programming under one controller and move all schedules and scenes to C4 controller. One thing that comes to mind is the interface between C4 EA5 and Lutron repeater. I would rather avoid extra dependency on the network switch. Can someone share pros and cons of having all lighting controlled with C4 and having Lutron repeater being a dumb executor?

12 hours ago, dinom said:

If you move scenes to C4, the lights will not execute in tandem, but will sequence on one at a time (popcorn effect). 

Thanks. So what's the best way to set this up then? I have some picos that control scenes like "welcome home" turning on bunch of lights. I also have timer based scenes. One way i read people using phantom buttons on the Lutron side and trigger a scene using C4 and this phantom button. What about picos, what's the best way to integrate here?

2 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Picks integrate just fine.  For scene control, you will want to use phantom buttons to bind to C4 buttons, etc. to control the Lutron scenes.  This way the lighting system works the way it was designed. 

Should I keep Picos programming (lights they control) in Lutron repeater then and not move them move to C4 at all? 

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Yes, if that’s what you use to control the lights. 

Thank you, this makes sense. When you say "pecos integrate just fine" I think you are talking about having them available in C4 controller so I can kick them and and off from the C4 UI. Is that correct or there is something else I should be thinking when it comes to integrating picos?