C4 Forums | Control4

C4 app - Android vs iOS - is Android way faster?

For the most part I am an iOS user rather than Android, but I do use the Android C4 app in Bluestacks and I have a 7" Samsung tablet with the C4 app installed.  I don't have a ton of experience but when I start the C4 app on Android it seems way faster than on iOS.  The other thing which seems way faster is when you click on the Sessions icon in the top right of the app to add additional music zones, or whatever.  On my iPhone this can take 5-10 seconds, and occasionally longer.  On Android it comes up almost instantly.

Is this just something unique to my setup or do others notice this as well?

I have found this to be true with all apple products and C4. I have a customer that only has apple products. iPhone and iPad. It seams to always be a problems with c4's app and also the chime doorbell. With apple products you still need a separate app (intercom anywhere) to use the Chime, and cameras in the touch screens), but all androids you now dont have to, it all integrated into the 1 c4 app and it is much faster.

I did a test at home, my wife and daughter have iPhone and I have a galaxy s20. When i rang the doorbell it immediately rang on my phone, where it took a good 10 seconds if not longer to ring on my wifes phone. We where on the same network and all other parameters where the same. The only difference was she had the iPhone and I had the android (Galaxy s20).

Then motion detection with txt message alerts. I programmed c4/Chime to do multiple things when motion is detected. Kitchen lights, Master bedroom and bathroom lights and living room lights blink 3 times, also we get a snapshot txt message to our mobile devices. I would always get the txt message, Every time! but my wife would some times get it but mostly not. So then I did a test message in composer and hit send out test. We both got the test alert. She would always get the test alert. Sometimes it would take a good 30 seconds but she does get the test alerts. But normal motion activated txt message alerts where hit or miss with the majority being a miss on the iPhone. It is something to do with apple products. I even went onto the mycontrol4.com and made sure that everything was set up and correct there and that our insight subscription is all up to date and everything. Its just an apple problem, which sucks when I have some very picky clients that only have iPhone/Apple products and the system they paid very good money for does not work correctly on there mobile devices.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.