C4 Forums | Control4

Specific use case question for c4-16s2-e-b switch with composer HE

Hi.  I have a specific use case in mind for this 16x16audio switch and whether or not it would work with an HC800 and Composer HE.   

I have a set of WHA a room speaker zones all driven by chromecast audios feeding multizone amps.   I have 7 TVs that I would like to be able to use those amp channels and speakers as well, so when the TV audio goes active, the switch would feed the TV audio (delivered by cat5 Baluns) to the audio outputs (into the amp input) for that room.   and after a few minutes of no sound from the TV, then it would switch to the chromecast audio inputs again.

And also being able to adjust volume levels so the speakers can’t be run too loud (we have kids in the house!).  and I’d like to be able to do setup and adjustments using composer HE.  I have access to a control4 dealer for setup, but prefer to do the setup and adjustments myself.

I’m not looking to use this as part of a large control4 setup, but just to solve this specific problem of integrating stereo TV inputs that can’t easily be fed into the chromecasts.

thanks!

mike

Thanks for the reply.  I know I need a controller.  I was thinking about a used HC800 or EA1, but what I meant by that is I wasn't planning a control4 installation that did anything more than what i outlined in the note.  Wil composer HE let me do what I want to terms of setting up the audio switch?  Specifically, the manual says it has audio sense on all inputs.  Will that allow auto switching to TV audio when a signal is detected, and then switch back when it is off for awhile?  

thanks!

mike

19 minutes ago, fresnoboy said:

Thanks for the reply.  I know I need a controller.  I was thinking about a used HC800 or EA1, but what I meant by that is I wasn't planning a control4 installation that did anything more than what i outlined in the note.  Wil composer HE let me do what I want to terms of setting up the audio switch?  Specifically, the manual says it has audio sense on all inputs.  Will that allow auto switching to TV audio when a signal is detected, and then switch back when it is off for awhile?  

thanks!

mike

as mentioned - a dealer must set up your account/project.  they need to add all the equipment into the project, make the proper bindings, etc.

Composer HE lets you do programming - when room goes on, do XYZ.  If source is A have AVR do Y, etc.  so you can manipulate/program stuff, but a dealer needs to get it all going

you can likely use a remote dealer on here to get this accomplished

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.