C4 Forums | Control4

Multi Room Project

JohnBankai

Question

Have an existing system I am removing from my job site. I normally use russound but if I can find out what parts I could use from control4 then I would like to use these products.

I have 5 zones. (Gym, main room, cabana, cabana, game room). 

Going to reuse all existing speakers. The old system has 18/2 wire for their controllers so I located the control4 wireless keypad dimmer. Which means I don't have to pull cat-5 to every location. Now the thing I don't see is like how can I connect my phone like Russound has a Bluetooth & Russound has a radio tuner. So does control4 only have the music streams? Can it control roku tvs? Do I have all the parts I need? Where can I get pricing and buy them online?

Control 8 Triad 8 Zone Amplifier / Receiver Part# TS-PAMP8-100
Control 4 8" Tabletop Touchscreen Tablet Controller with Charger Base Part# C4-T4T8-BL
Control 4 Wireless Keypad Dimmer 120v Part# C4-KD120
Control 4 Face Plate Single Gang Part# C4-FP1-SW
Control 4 Keypad Engraved Button Part# C4-EBD2H-LA 
Control 4 Wireless Thermostat by Aprilaire Part# C4-Therm

3 answers to this question

i would recommend interviewing several local dealers and find someone that can help you with the system design and that you will want to work with, this can be done remotely as well but you will need to know how to install all of these devices. you got most of what you are needing but there is still more you will need to get a system working. the only stuff you can buy online is used. New is only provided by local dealers that can actually provide warranty and service. Any used product will be as is and it will be hard getting warranty service, but i can happily help you install and program it an hourly rate. 

To clarify what Matt said - Control4 is a dealer-based system.  You need to have a dealer to buy your equipment and configure it.  Once it is up and running you can do a lot of programming by yourself and it can control many rooms of music, TVs, etc. But you need a dealer, that is not optional.

But the way that music works is that a Control4 controller would be able to receive music from various services including Tidal, Amazon Music and Spotify (via Spotify Connect).  You would have a wired connection(s) from the controller, such as an EA-3 to your matrix switch or matrix amp.  Then you can use your phone to play music either from the Control4 app or the native music app in the case of Spotify.

Ok thank you. I really appreciate your guys time with answering my questions. I will just purchase russound equipment for radio. I am a certified technician myself A+, Cisco I & II, networking degrees, and much more. It doesn't make sense to lose the job by handing it over to someone else and loosing all my profit. It really is nice equipment. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.