C4 Forums | Control4

How can I add a new Watch activity to my remote with Controller HE?

I think the title says it all, but I'd like to add a watch activity under one of my remote, and couldn't find how in Controller ME. In fact, if I had seen the current activities, I would have dissect it and probably figure it out. 

Maybe that's because it is not available in the Controller HE too. 

What do you mean by 'watch activity'

I ask because the way you stated that rings of 'Harmony' to me.

If you indeed mean adding a new device to your system, or a direct 'mini' driver to select Netflix, then yes that's a driver to be added and yes that needs to be done by a dealer.

But if that's not exactly what you mean, this may be a matter of different meanings of a terms from one system to the next..

3 hours ago, zaphod said:

Can't you now add mini-drivers for video on your own?  I thought that this was added in 3.2 - just like how you can add new music sources without needing a dealer.

Anyway I’m still on 2.10. My controller can’t take more than that. I’ll upgrade eventually I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Hammond said:

Anyway I’m still on 2.10. My controller can’t take more than that. I’ll upgrade eventually I guess. 

it doesn't matter - you still can't do it in 3.2.2....

what are you actually trying to achieve? let us help you!

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

it doesn't matter - you still can't do it in 3.2.2....

what are you actually trying to achieve? let us help you!

Yea, I got it that it is not a user option, even if I were to upgrade to a newer controller and software. 

I wanted to add a game option to the Watch list in my Cinema room remote. This way, If I want to bring the Switch, Wii or Xbox to the big screen, it would be as simple as moving the device. The Onkio have plently of HDMI ports available for that usage. 

Since I'm already doing a few things with my current dealer, I'll ask him to add this to his to do list. Next time, I may ask someone from this forums, as the reply is somewhat faster!

3 minutes ago, Steve Hammond said:

Yea, I got it that it is not a user option, even if I were to upgrade to a newer controller and software. 

I wanted to add a game option to the Watch list in my Cinema room remote. This way, If I want to bring the Switch, Wii or Xbox to the big screen, it would be as simple as moving the device. The Onkio have plently of HDMI ports available for that usage. 

Since I'm already doing a few things with my current dealer, I'll ask him to add this to his to do list. Next time, I may ask someone from this forums, as the reply is somewhat faster!

Your dealer can add no control drivers that have an HDMI icon or Alan makes a game pack that have no control drivers that actually have the game system drivers and control 4 has some also that are free. Just depends on the game systems you are using

7 hours ago, Steve Hammond said:

If you want a low cost way to upgrade you can buy a used HC-800.  It might be obsolete soon but you can use the latest OS on that controller.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

If you want a low cost way to upgrade you can buy a used HC-800.  It might be obsolete soon but you can use the latest OS on that controller.

Yea, I see hem on eBay between $130-250 USD. That may be an option, but like you mention if it becomes obsolete in a year or two, it is something we have to take into consideration. And I'll need a dealer to install it anyway, and pay for that too. 

an example here:

Control4 C4-HC800-BL Automation Controller HC-800 Home Automation Device | eBay

All true, but if you use one of the online dealers here it shouldn't cost you too much to add the new controller and do the upgrade, as long as you don't have a bunch of other stuff that needs to be changed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.