C4 Forums | Control4

Which touchscreen do you like best?

club411

Size wise I think the 10.5" TS is a bit too big. The 7" TS is about the right size. The 7" TS is also newer hardware. The 7" will run the new OS 2.0 flash interface. I don't think the 10.5" TS will run the new flash interface and will run the older COP GUI.

I would go with the 7" TS.

I like the 7" touchscreen. I don't like some of the wifi funkyness it seems to have. I have the latest C4 software version installed and it got better, but not great. I also have a Luxul in the house so I know it is not signal strength.

I love the portable touch screen but my wired gets much more use and it is in the wall.

Don't do the 10.5. Older device = shorter life cycle.

• 2 months later...

Quick question about the 7" touch screens. How much are these ts set into the wall? I see from C4's website that the depth is 3.4" but it was my understanding that it does not sit flush on the wall. Anyone know how much clearance I need behind the wall to properly mount this thing?

Thanks

Quick question about the 7" touch screens. How much are these ts set into the wall? I see from C4's website that the depth is 3.4" but it was my understanding that it does not sit flush on the wall. Anyone know how much clearance I need behind the wall to properly mount this thing?

Thanks

I don't have a back box in front of me to give and exact minimum wall depth, but it does fit in a standard 2x4 wall cavity. What is the depth of the wall you are planning to install it in?

Edit

Here is that the install sheet for the back box says

NOTE: The wall box should be installed flush with the wall,

so you do not need to subtract the depth of the sheetrock

from the depth required for the wall box.

NOTE: Wall box dimensions: (H x W x D): 5” x 7.4” x 3.3

Im a gold dealer and two of my partners are software writers for banks...so we decided to take it a little easier for a change and just write what we wanted...a few months later we came up with a few new version...they will be available on the control app store when it goes live...ill see if I they think putting up pics is a good idea as we have a few others guys out there looking to do the same... all three of us have been running our home from each phone with no issues...oh and something else is real special but I Cant spill the beans yet!

Im a gold dealer and two of my partners are software writers for banks...so we decided to take it a little easier for a change and just write what we wanted...a few months later we came up with a few new version...they will be available on the control app store when it goes live...ill see if I they think putting up pics is a good idea as we have a few others guys out there looking to do the same... all three of us have been running our home from each phone with no issues...oh and something else is real special but I Cant spill the beans yet!

Competition will be good as I believe ControlUI will be announcing the Blackberry and Android versions of their apps this week at CES.

I am traveling this week and this is the first chance i have had to log on. I was expecting to see the "New from CES" thread and didn't. Is there one somewhere?

Competition will be good as I believe ControlUI will be announcing the Blackberry and Android versions of their apps this week at CES.

I am traveling this week and this is the first chance i have had to log on. I was expecting to see the "New from CES" thread and didn't. Is there one somewhere?

Unfortunately not...I was planning on doing one but at the last meeting have a meeting I can't move on Friday so I couldn't make it.

7" FTW!!!! My dealer tried to talk me into a 7" for a long time and I fought him on it for months! THEN I gave in and O M G !! ITS DA BOMB!!! A MUST IN YOUR SYSTEM!

Which one are we getting lathered-up over?

Archived