C4 Forums | Control4

Which touchscreen do you like best?

club411

yup controlui just released a new 2.0 app bundled with 4sight...but heres my two cents..what about everyone who doesnt have the means to upgrade to 2.0, ie changing equipement... or just needs a simpler approach...i mean the $9.99 a month is a great deal...but dealers who use the 4sight can chime in here if you want or even client but dont you find the 4sight server a little slow... i really hope they upgrade the servers to handle this

what would u pay upto for this service...ie highest and lowest...taking in the account of the maintenance on the server end, people to run it...ie if you say a dollar a month then ur crazy, but like $5, $10, $15 bucks...if you had to pay more what would u expect extra???

im only asking because once we go live with our apps we want to make sure its want you guys want...

ps...we just ripped out a 4 year old crestron system today with 24 zones of audio and a ton of video as the client couldnt stand the crap.... oh and he paid $100k 4 years ago, we are blowing his mind for less than half of that...life is good

agreed not having to pay that chunk of change is AWESOME!!! What else would u like to see with the app that u dont see now

I don't have the app now because I have an Android phone, so I can't answer that question.

I would rather pay $120 per year than $10 per month. I HATE monthly charges...I would probably rather pay $150 than $10 per month just for sake of convenience.

We have written an app for iphone' date=' android and blackberry... expect a national roll out in 90 days...and NO its not $300 bucks![/quote']

Did you have access to the SDK for this?

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=4642

What gives? He was just looking for this 8 days ago.

I'm not sure if the OS 2.0 SDK is what's needed to make something like ControlUI did with the Iphone app. I think they used the Director SDK. I'm not sure though.

$10 per month is more than I would want to pay, but would be willing to considering I pay $100/yr for 4sight.

Actually, the $10 per month is not a bad deal considering all the people that paid $300 for that app.

Remember it's $9.99 a month and covers any mobile phone you want to use in your house. So if you have 3 iPhones, and 1 blackberry they are all covered under the $9.99.

Today you have to pay like $300 PER PHONE.

I think this is way better deal as everyone in my house has their own iPhone

control4 has a great partner relationship team...if someone is really creative and can show what they are willing to commit and design im sure if you have a company or wish to start a company you could team up to be partner...thus allowing access to the SDK, but youll never see the SDK going public with out legal responsibility... imagine if you could get it so could crestron, amx etc.... as much as we bitch about them keeping secrets locked up tight its kinda what I like about them... I know we all want to "own" what we buy but there is something to be said about director and how it works...it really is there magic and its why Elan g! is having trouble really becoming to the market...as a rep told me, they cant get programming software to be congruent enough to make it easy for dealers to install...and thus making it non compatible with most of the stuff out there elan already sells... i like the fact that when control4 puts something out..ie the iphone app...it works and its truly seemless... ive met some of the guys there real nice and I think they honestly are looking out for my customers...7 years later there still around, they still answer the phone when i call and if something breaks i know i cant get parts... wish other companies could say the same

Archived