C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Govee Lighting Driver

alanchow

Chowmain Logo

Overview

Govee creates high-quality LED lighting and smart home devices. They diligently strive to provide you with groundbreaking products that help illuminate your greatest moments in dynamic color. Govee devices include smart plugs, indoor LED strips, TV backlighting, floor lamps, table lamps, smart bulbs, guided lighting and more

Features 

• Bi-directional control and feedback
  • Cloud based integration.
  • Import of all Govee lighting from the customer account.
  • On / Off control
  • Brightness control
  • Color Temperature control
  • RGB Color control
  • Advanced Lighting Scene Support

FAQ

Where can i purchase these devices from?

Govee is available in the US, Canada, Europe and United Kingdom through various retails. Please visit http://www.govee.com for more details

What hardware does this support?

This supports any Govee wifi enabled devices.

I want to try this driver out before buying it?

All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. 

How do I find out more information about the driver?

Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

Driver Link

b07n1cmgqq_1400x.jpg

Govee Outlet.png

Govee Lights.png

• alanchow changed the title to Chowmain - Govee Lighting Driver

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, Mr.barillas said:

and if for any reason you lose internet connection. you lost control of the whole house lights. sad...

True, but that is with any cloud integration, and the limitation is generally on the product/manufacturer (ie they only have an API for cloud integration)

On 10/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, Mr.barillas said:

the issue with the cloud based integration is the delay and if for any reason you lose internet connection. you lost control of the whole house lights. sad...

Just so it is clear this has nothing to do with the quality of the driver. I am sure if there was local network control it would have been implemented. Cloud services make a lot of sense when you need intensive hardware processing to make certain things happen. Turning on a light bulb i think is ridiculous to need a cloud connection for, and for other similar devices as well. Just have to be careful with products today. We already have seen the results of cloud services being terminated and whole homes ceasing to function correctly.

• 5 months later...

Is there an issue with the driver this morning?  Maybe something to do with a C4 service issue currently on-going (4/3/23)?  I seem to have lost connection, wondering if it's a Govee thing, C4 thing, and/or me?

7 hours ago, Scrib said:

Is there an issue with the driver this morning?  Maybe something to do with a C4 service issue currently on-going (4/3/23)?  I seem to have lost connection, wondering if it's a Govee thing, C4 thing, and/or me?

Govee's servers are offline.

• 7 months later...
On 11/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, Scrib said:

Is there any thought around adding local LAN control for the devices that support it vs. relying on cloud?

We are aware of the local API.  At this stage we do not plan on implementing the local API as we have other priorities.

• 2 months later...

G'day Guys,

We've pushed an updated driver today for this as well

1. Even more performance works to reduce system latency overall. Especially with Debugging enabled, worst-case benchmarks showed a CPU processing time drop from 6.6s to 0.06s  for 10000 log entries (28x-100x speedup). Other benchmarks showed a 9-22ms drop in time for certain operations (which in some circumstances may have appeared to be a CPU spike).

2. Scenes will work correctly now on CCT Only Govee lights

3. You can now see diagnostics for ALL Govee drivers in one click

4. Huge new Diagnostics tools, which not only identify more potential issues with our drivers, but, also if your Control4 Controller might be experiencing certain issues

Andy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.