C4 Forums | Control4

ELV Dimmer - max load

brucecampbell

Question

Can someone please point me to the documentation for the old ELV 240V dimmer.

I have an old unused one and looking to install it to run 3 fluro lights.
Would like to check the max wattage these can handle.

Also like to know if there is any issue using a dimmer as a switch for fluro lights?

my lights are 3 x 36w twin tubes = 216w

thanks.

4 answers to this question

Sorry, can't help you on the 240v wattage rating (I do remember the 120v being 600w single gang), but I DO know there were huge issues using these devices on the HC800/250 for zigbee, REQUIRING a 200/300 to handle all the zigbee (and no zigbee can be active at all on the 250/800). Now, I do not know if this also affects the EA series of controllers, but something to watch for.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Sorry, can't help you on the 240v wattage rating (I do remember the 120v being 600w single gang), but I DO know there were huge issues using these devices on the HC800/250 for zigbee, REQUIRING a 200/300 to handle all the zigbee (and no zigbee can be active at all on the 250/800). Now, I do not know if this also affects the EA series of controllers, but something to watch for.

I have a range of LDZ, ELV and the new dimmers all working fine with Zigbee on my HC800
I've seen in the past documentation on C4's website for legacy devices, just can't seem to find anything currently.

some of the devices say up to 300w for fluro so probably ok, but want to check first.

2 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

Correction - it is actually the first gen dimmer - LDZ-101-X

Any idea if these will work ok with fluro tube lights?

Not likely - though if the load is high enough it'll appear they're fine - they may damage the ballast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.