C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Ultimate Dahua Driver for Control4!

alanchow

uploaded image

Chowmain - Ultimate Dahua Driver for Control4!

Overview

Dahua, who is a popular surveillance manufacturer, produce a range of PTZ and NON PTZ based IP cameras for a range of residential and commercial applications along with network video recorders (NVRs)

As one of our top requested drivers we felt that we needed to create the ultimate Dahua driver for Control4.  We have worked closely with Dahua to ensure that the integration provides the best user experience possible.

This driver pushes the integration of Dahua by offering functionality that allows the cameras to push the boundaries of security and home automation. This means that surveillance is no longer just for security but can also be used to trigger motion-based programming like lighting.

The driver is also compatible with Dahua TiOC range of cameras. TiOC, also known as three-in-one camera, integrates 24/7 full-color monitoring, active deterrence and AI into one smart and innovative solution, greatly saving time and financial costs for distributors and installers. TiOC can accurately identify potential risks and effectively warn off intruders, effectively protecting life and property’s safety. 

Features

• Control4 OS 3.0 Support
  • NVR
  • Remote control simulation / Dahua onscreen control over IP for NVR5XXX-I and NVR5XXX-4KS2 model NVRs (via customised firmware made for Chowmain)
    • Remote Control Commands - Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter, Back, Play, Pause, Stop, Escape, Skip Fwd/Rev, Scan Fwd/Rev, Menu,Grid 1, Grid2, Grid 3, Grid 4, Check and Channel numbers
      • Configurable buttons for Control4 remote
      • Smart handling of events from cameras connected behind an NVR
    • Grid view
    • Navigate recordings and playback menu
    • Changing Channels
  • Camera (PTZ and Static)
    • Supports PTZ & Non PTZ Cameras
    • View live camera stream on Control4 interface
    • Control4 Push Notification Snapshot Support (push notification photos to mobile phones)
    • PTZ control (Up, Down, Left, Right, Preset, Zoom)
    • Select PTZ camera presets
    • Can be controlled direct or behind a NVR
  • Auto Setup of Camera to be Control4 compatible
    • Works with cameras direct or behind an NVR
      • You can set camera resolution configuration for best performance for Control4 via a single button press from Composer
      • Driver auto configuration when binding to an NVR
  • Camera event handling via bindings for enhanced programming. Supported Events:
    • Video Motion
      • Traffic Vehicle Position
    • Audio Anomaly
    • Audio Mutation
    • Cross Line Detection
    • Intelli Frame
  • Programming Commands:
    • Illuminator manual/auto/off and brightness level
      • Goto Preset
    • Flash blue and red warning lights (TiOC)
    • Wiper once/continous/off

FAQ

What NVR models does the driver support?

The driver will work for all models however if you want remote control simulation to control the Dahua NVR HDMI output then you will need to utilise the customised firmware that was built for us by Dahua. This customised firmware is included in the driver zip file.

The following models provide onscreen navigation via a customised firmware developed by Dahua in partnership with us.

• NVR5208-4KS2
  • NVR5216-4KS2
  • NVR5232-4KS2
  • NVR5208-8P-4KS2
  • NVR5216-8P-4KS2
  • NVR5232-8P-4KS2
  • NVR5216-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5232-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5416-4KS2
  • NVR5432-4KS2
  • NVR5464-4KS2
  • NVR5208-8P-4KS2E
  • NVR5216-8P-4KS2E
  • NVR5416-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5432-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5464-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5816-4KS2
  • NVR5832-4KS2
  • NVR5864-4KS2
  • NVR5816-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5832-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5864-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5816-R-4KS2
  • NVR5832-R-4KS2
  • NVR5864-R-4KS2
  • NVR5816-R-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5832-R-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5864-R-16P-4KS2E
  • NVR5216-16P-I
  • NVR5216-8P-I
  • NVR5864-I
  • NVR5432-16P-I

What cool things can we do with this driver?

• The driver's Auto setup functionality makes configuration of the cameras quick and easy.
  • This driver provides the ability to attach snapshots to Control4 Push Notifications (4sight required). Tie this in with the camera's motion events and your customer can get notified (with an image) if the camera detections motion.
  • This camera provides live feedback of events which is useful if you want to tie in lighting to motion and other events.
  • View the Dahua NVR onscreen display via its HDMI output and control it via IP. This is compatible with NVR5XXX-I and NVR5XXX-4KS2 products using a customised firmware that Dahua developed for us.
  • Control illuminator functionality so that the camera image is optimal during night time viewing.
  • Control wipers for compatible model to ensure rain does not effect the cameras.

What products will this work for?

This will work with Dahuas range of IP cameras and NVRs. Some manufacturers OEM Dahua cameras and rebadge them as their own so it will also work with those cameras (eg Amcrest and Lorex). Please test prior to licence purchase.

I want to try this driver out before buying it?

All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.

How do I find out more information about the driver?

Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

PDF Product Slick

Driver Link

Dahua 1.png

Dahua 2.png

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, uddinz said:

hi it looks like an update occurred on 11/3 to the driver.  Now my PTZ cameras are not showing.  I submitted a tech support but is there an issue with the update.

Weird that its not showing.  Thank you for submitting a support request.  Our support agents will assist you.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, ajsonnick said:

Will this work for the Amcrest NVR MODEL# NV4108E?

We cannot advise if it works for a 3rd party rebranded model.

All of our drivers come with a 90 day trial so you can test out our driver before commiting to licence purchase.

Not to knock Alan in any way, but understand that for control of the actual NVR (vs using the cameras themselves) you'll likely need a special firmware, which is not likely to be available for an Amcrest model at all.

Also @msgreenf has or used to have an Amcrest driver, though I'll admit never using it so can't comment as such.

'Course easy enough to just try with any @alanchow driver with the 90 day trial (you do make it easy on us!)

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Not to knock Alan in any way, but understand that for control of the actual NVR (vs using the cameras themselves) you'll likely need a special firmware, which is not likely to be available for an Amcrest model at all.

Also @msgreenf has or used to have an Amcrest driver, though I'll admit never using it so can't comment as such.

'Course easy enough to just try with any @alanchow driver with the 90 day trial (you do make it easy on us!)

Thank you! I just want to see them on C4 and this dealer I’m working with is making me get all new cameras and a new NVR. 

I just bought this system a few months ago so I’d hate to replace it. 

thanks so much!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.