C4 Forums | Control4

tv recommendation compatible with Control4

gogogadget

So, I currently have my control4 setup to output IR amd sent it to a IR wireless setup I have behind my tv. For $30 it was a good solution but as you might guess, not robust.

I currently dont have a speaker/theater setup and was hoping there was a good middle ground. Are there any sub 1k TV's that work well with Control4 that they can control?

Do you want built in smart TV capabilities?  If so then you might want to consider a Roku TV. Best Buy carries lots of TCL and Hisense branded Rokus. You might have to but a third party TV driver, but Roku is the best streaming device with C4. 

10 minutes ago, Cinegration said:

We sell Sony. Here’s why

- Android based

- comes with every media service you can think of

- Supports wireless and hardwired ip control

- free certified driver 

- mini drivers supported  

- fast (faster than Samsung for sure)

- native airplay and chromecast support

This

It costs a bit more but the quality is up there and integration within Control4 is a snap.  buying another TV then having to deal with 3rd party drivers is annoying.  Flat out Sony just works.  Last 2 TVs I got were both Sonys - I tried to get a cheap Hisense TV and set up with C4 was so awful it went back for the 2nd Sony Tv in a row.  Any new TV/replacement TV in my house will be another Sony for sure.

Sony is good and the drivers are free and feature rich.

Roku (TCL is what I prefer) TV's are great for less-critical areas.  We use them in bathrooms, guest bedrooms, etc.  Integration via the Blackwire driver is top notch.  It's flawless.

We also have some Vizio P series and use the Annex4 driver.  Never had any issues at all.

Assuming you're looking for a 'main area' TV (ie not your laundry room, guest room) in order based on integration reliability:

Sony

(Philips TVs really should go here, but there aren't any IP drivers AFAIK)

LG

Samsung

The rest shouldn't be considered a primary choice.

Now if you're on a budget, I'd consider a RokuTV (there's blackwire's driver as a sure-shot, but other options exist for the handy programmer).

TV quality is more or less the same list, maybe swapping LG and Samsung though honestly the main 3 (4 if you count Philips) are so close together as to be a personal preference more than anything else.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:01 PM, gogogadget said:

So, I currently have my control4 setup to output IR amd sent it to a IR wireless setup I have behind my tv. For $30 it was a good solution but as you might guess, not robust.

I currently dont have a speaker/theater setup and was hoping there was a good middle ground. Are there any sub 1k TV's that work well with Control4 that they can control?

Sounds like it's wifi, in which case I'd only suggest Sony.

Or just get a Z2IO and use IR.......

Another one UP for Sony Android TVs.
We just finished in install for a new family home with 6 Sony TVs and it all works great and was very quick to integrate.
Plus Sony has a good range of mid to high-end TVs.
In this Project we have installed the J90 series plus J80 for the Kids and Guest room.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.