C4 Forums | Control4

Qolsys IQ2+ Disconnect?

Hey all --

Given the stellar reviews on the board, I recently installed a Qolsys IQ2+. Works awesome, with one hitch: It occasionally loses communication with C4/Director (and I get a "?" in Navigator). Given how many folks here use it -- is there an easy fix? Was thinking some kind of refresh/reboot may be necessary under certain circumstances, and therefore, I could automate it. (I do this manually to get it to reconnect, either by toggling the C4 integration setting on the panel or by toggling the token in the driver.)

TIA!

10 hours ago, BXTR said:

Mine is on reserved IP,  id by sddp 

Issue happening with 5G or 2.4G wifi, signal strength reported by AP is -60dbm

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Tried fixed IP and 2.4 subnetwork.

Also, thanks, Cyknight. Regenerating the token is a temp. fix but doesn't seem to get at root cause.

Not a perfect solution, but does anyone know how to send a reboot signal to the panel? Imagine we could program a 'kick' whenever it drops that way.

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2021 at 8:12 AM, BXTR said:

Mine is on reserved IP,  id by sddp 

Issue happening with 5G or 2.4G wifi, signal strength reported by AP is -60dbm

Any luck fixing your issue? Our alarm accidentally went off this morning again which jogged my memory I haven't and need to, ha.

Do you happen to have a hardwire translator? The only lead I've found so far is that a few guys on this thread seem to think there's a bug in the firmware and suggest the translator may aggravate it, which could explain why you and I are the ones affected. (They're using hacks to connect via third-party integration, from what I can tell at least.)

Oddly this has also happened to me on two different routers/network setups. (I'm now running all Ubiquiti in a flat configuration; previously all Pakedge.) Of course I've also tried updating all aspects of the stack from the C4 side to the Qolsys. Still occurs about once a week, usually overnight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.