C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV 4K IP Driver

I'm having trouble with the Apple TV IP Driver for 4k.  I went through the setup of the Apple TV Home Kit and Airplay and that all went well for the Apple Bridge.  But when I go back to Apple TV Driver the drop down that should list the Apple TV says Not Activated.  I am using Control4 OS 3 on an EA device.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you’re using the correct account and login.  We have multiple Apple devices on family share and we had to use the main, most unused account to get things to work. It’s not a great setup and with things falling off after upgrades we switched to IR for most, if not all, of our ATVs.

Or, you could try the Intrinsic driver. I think that works via IP but not through your Apple account ( way more knowledgeable people about that on here than me though).

• 5 weeks later...

The trick to the Apple TV IP Driver is to make sure when you follow the process.  "You reboot the Apple TV"  not the controller.

Start again.

Delete the Control4 instance from your homekit via iPhone or iPad.

Turn off Apple TV Control in the C4 App.

Install Apple bridge.

Turn on debug in the Apple Bridge 

Install your Apple TV Driver and set actions accordingly.

Now go and open the C4 app and enable Apple TV Control in the settings, press ok to the two prompts.

NOW...  IMPORTANT PART.

Check Apple Bridge and it should show logs success in connecting bridge.

NOW RESTART APPLE TV!!!

Apple TV will start up and register the remote and you should get confirmation on Apple TV and also in the Apple TV Driver in Composer.

PS.  IOS 15 didn't break it

Enjoy

7 hours ago, OzSoup said:

The trick to the Apple TV IP Driver is to make sure when you follow the process.  "You reboot the Apple TV"  not the controller.

If rebooting the appleTV doesn't work, the controller may need to be rebooted.

latest IOS 15RC works too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.