C4 Forums | Control4

Possible Dead Multi Amp -16

I have a Control4 Multi Amp Model C4-16AMP3-B in my Control4 system.  My system is only currently used for audio and video.

Last night I was listening to the audio for my Great Room zone (through 4 ceiling speakers) from my Dish Satellite while watching the video from my Dish Satellite on my flat screen TV.  On my remote I usually select "Watch" and "Satellite" for the video and select "Listen" and "Satellite" for the audio.  This has worked flawlessly for many years.  The audio started to randomly cut out for various times and then came back for various times.  When I selected "Room Off", waited awhile and then selected "Watch" and "Satellite" for the video, the audio came on through the Great Room zone without having to select it via "Listen".

This morning I power cycled the system to see if that would fix the issue.  Now when amp powers up, there is a "click" like a relay closing and the screen on the front of the amp flashes from dark to light for awhile and then stops.  I have no audio to any of my zones except to the Living Room zone, which has an Onkyo amp for the surround sound system.  I can control audio and video for the Living Room zone. 

The control of my Control4 system works with my remotes and my phone apps.  Just no audio to the other seven zones.

Is there a fuse or some other protection device I should check in the amp?

If the amp is dead, can I replace it with the same model without any need for reprogramming?

Thank you in advance for any advice or help you can give me.  

Likely dead. If you press the dial knob, and get no display, most certainly done. If display functions, look for it's IP address and scan the network to see if it's connected.

Same model - will need a dealer to re-id into Composer to work as their IP controlled.
Different model - will require a little dealer time to switch out, about an hour for programming setup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.