C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung 2011 TV driver

ashwinmj

I'm trying to integrate a 2011 Samsung TV with model number 40UAD6000. It has a few apps (including Netflix), an app store, a home screen, and a wired ethernet connection. However, it's an older interface and isn't based on the Tizen OS. Is there a way to integrate this TV via IP control? 

8 minutes ago, ashwinmj said:

I'm trying to integrate a 2011 Samsung TV with model number 40UAD6000. It has a few apps (including Netflix), an app store, a home screen, and a wired ethernet connection. However, it's an older interface and isn't based on the Tizen OS. Is there a way to integrate this TV via IP control? 

Nope.

RyanE

5 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

@therockhr thanks. Yes the model is exactly UA40D6000.

Where would I get the driver for the serial control?
Which connector on the TV is used for the Ex-Link? I couldn’t find any serial input on it. 

Any of the Samsung [Serial][IR] drivers in the database that were made for a TV around the same time as yours should work. 

You will need to get a 3.5mm to serial connector. There are threads on here on how to make it work.

db9 rs232 to 3.5mm Stereo Serial Cable for samsung ex link port tv console  cable galileo gen1 serial cable|db9 rs232|rs232 db9cable db9 - AliExpress

Thanks @therockhr. There isn't any port on the TV labeled Ex-Link or Serial. Are you sure the UA40D6000 should have it? The only 3.5mm port I see on the TV is for the headphones.

When I do a driver search for Samsung [Serial][IR], I only find TVs with the letter E in the model number following the size as the lowest letter. So, I assume these corresponds to TVs a year newer than the one I'm trying to integrate.

15 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

Thanks @therockhr. There isn't any port on the TV labeled Ex-Link or Serial. Are you sure the UA40D6000 should have it? The only 3.5mm port I see on the TV is for the headphones.

When I do a driver search for Samsung [Serial][IR], I only find TVs with the letter E in the model number following the size as the lowest letter. So, I assume these corresponds to TVs a year newer than the one I'm trying to integrate.

No i am not sure. i just did a search and thought it might have one. Sorry if it does not. If it doesnt, then IR is probably your only option.

@therockhr thanks for looking it up. I was wondering if maybe the Ex-Link on this TV has some other port that isn’t obvious. If it’s a 3.5mm connector, I guess I’m out of luck. Thanks for the help! 

just out of curiosity, if the TV did have Ex-Link, would it have been 2 way communication like IP control or still one way like IR? 

46 minutes ago, ashwinmj said:

@therockhr thanks for looking it up. I was wondering if maybe the Ex-Link on this TV has some other port that isn’t obvious. If it’s a 3.5mm connector, I guess I’m out of luck. Thanks for the help! 

just out of curiosity, if the TV did have Ex-Link, would it have been 2 way communication like IP control or still one way like IR? 

one way

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.