C4 Forums | Control4

Creating subfolders

ashwinmj

On 9/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, ashwinmj said:

One of the reasons I’d like to use this is to create a single folder for all of the mini apps rather then to have a long list of them. With the number of video streaming services being so high today, it makes the list of sources under watch really long. 

This one I certainly get - would be nice if there was an option similar to "channels" that lists mini-apps

In a way, the Roku driver nicely allows this with it's built-in channel driver, but unless you only use Rokus, this wouldn't help.

Personally I just list the most commonly used apps, using the regular driver to select any less used ones.

15 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

This one I certainly get - would be nice if there was an option similar to "channels" that lists mini-apps

In a way, the Roku driver nicely allows this with it's built-in channel driver, but unless you only use Rokus, this wouldn't help.

Personally I just list the most commonly used apps, using the regular driver to select any less used ones.

Yes, something like the Roku channel driver would have been perfect! The ability to create a custom set of those would have been even better. For example, I'm using only Apple TV from the LG TV (to get Atmos support) and all the other mini apps from the Fire TV Cube. So if there was a way to create my own group of these mini apps (from my own combination of sources), it would have been amazing! 

Unfortunately, even the list of commonly used apps is quite high today, but using mini apps for only those does make the most sense now of the available options.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.