C4 Forums | Control4

Experience Button Set State / Change Icon

dw886

Is there a way to programmatically change the icon for a scenario button? 

Background:  I'm having issues with the Pentair IntelliCenter driver in one project (I have another project that works fine) where when something is toggled in the driver it turns on, and then a few seconds later goes back to off - both are running the same version of the driver, so I'll have to call in to have someone take a look at it.  In the mean time to work around it I used an Experience button (like Waterfall) for turning on the pool waterfall - there's no timers set within the project - they're only ON / OFF buttons.  The IntelliCenter is running it's own timers, so when certain things (water features, heat modes, lights, etc) are turned on, the Intellicenter has an egg timer where it shuts these things back off after a set period of time.  The problem that I have is if something is turned on via the Control4 interface (like the fountain), the experience button icon changes, however when the IntelliCenter turns them back off after the egg timer expires (or someone uses the Pentair panel or mobile app), the Control4 icons are out-of-sync.  I can see these events in the driver, and can program off of them, but I don't see any action for the experience button other than "Select" or "Device Specific Command: SetCountdown".  Is there not a way to change the state of the button to a specific state (Off or On)?  If it's just "Select" this would be like a power toggle on the a TV, you're firing a command and not understanding the current state.

The only other option that I see is to fire the event, run a conditional check that looks for the "State" device variable on the Experience Button, and then if the state is on and it's supposed to be off, fire the select command to toggle it...

Is there a better approach?  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.