C4 Forums | Control4

OS3.2.3

1 hour ago, anon2828 said:

OK, so where is the Equalizer?  I checked the box for "Show EQ in Navigator" in Composer HE and applied to the Room I am listening in.  Where in the Navigator does the EQ actually show up?  Can't find it anywhere...

Following this question.  I just updated as well and did the steps above along with a Navigator refresh but I don't see the EQ. 

I fixed it but don't know exactly what made it fixed.  I had previously done these steps and Refreshed Navigators and that did not work...

1) In Composer at the Room level, check the box for "Show EQ in Navigator" - this choice is at the bottom.   You would think that checking this box would implement the choice for the room you are in, but it didn't work that way for me.

2) Next to "Show EQ in Navigator" click Apply To - pick the rooms to apply to

3) Refresh Navigators

4) The EQ icon will show up to the right of the volume slider in each room it is enabled for.

I am guessing that the Equalizer in Composer for the EA-X (EA-5 in my case) becomes the default if there is no setting in the EQ for each room in the Navigator, or something else?  Or should the Equalizer in Composer for the EA-X be set to Bypass?  I attempted to mess with the equalizer in Composer while playing music and also having the EQ in Navigator up - it seemed that any settings in Composer's EQ were ignored.

Would imagine that the EQ settings are driving behavior of the EA-X controller - correct?  Such that those with an audio matrix (Triad here) would continue to leave that in Bypass mode - right?

11 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

I am guessing that the Equalizer in Composer for the EA-X (EA-5 in my case) becomes the default if there is no setting in the EQ for each room in the Navigator, or something else?  Or should the Equalizer in Composer for the EA-X be set to Bypass?  I attempted to mess with the equalizer in Composer while playing music and also having the EQ in Navigator up - it seemed that any settings in Composer's EQ were ignored.

Would imagine that the EQ settings are driving behavior of the EA-X controller - correct?  Such that those with an audio matrix (Triad here) would continue to leave that in Bypass mode - right?

Isn't the EQ setting a function of the amplifier rather than a controller?  I would think that is completely independent in each room, as you aren't changing the characteristics of the audio coming from the controller, you are changing the amplification of various frequencies in the amplifier.

Just now, zaphod said:

Isn't the EQ setting a function of the amplifier rather than a controller?  I would think that is completely independent in each room, as you aren't changing the characteristics of the audio coming from the controller, you are changing the amplification of various frequencies in the amplifier.

the EQ feature supports limited number of devices

• Control4 EA Controller analog audio outputs

• Triad AMS8, AMS24

• Triad AMS8v2, AMS16v2

• Triad One

44 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

• Triad AMS8, AMS24

• Triad AMS8v2, AMS16v2

• Triad One

So if you have a EA5 and Triad AMS24 are you best setting both to Bypass if you are going to use the EQ function per room?  Are there any release notes specific to this stuff or are we supposed to pick it all up by ourselves like figuring out a new version of iOS?

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

• Triad AMS8, AMS24

• Triad AMS8v2, AMS16v2

• Triad One

Ugh so the C4-16AMP3 isn’t supported? Uncool that they didn’t bring it to all their currently sold product.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Discontinued for a few years

Weird I thought it was still listed in the product catalog on C4’s site as of early this year - but maybe I was looking at an old sales sheet still hosted on their site. Regardless it would be nice for them to extend the feature to a product they sold two years ago.  I believe you can set EQ settings on Composer so presumably the hardware supports EQ and this feature could be extended to this device. 

22 minutes ago, Dueport said:

Weird I thought it was still listed in the product catalog on C4’s site as of early this year - but maybe I was looking at an old sales sheet still hosted on their site. Regardless it would be nice for them to extend the feature to a product they sold two years ago.  I believe you can set EQ settings on Composer so presumably the hardware supports EQ and this feature could be extended to this device. 

That amp is around a decade ago. It just doesn't have the API for it 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.