C4 Forums | Control4

T3 touchscreen screensaver not showing "indoor" temperature

I am using the "custom" option for the T3 touchscreen screensaver and one of the options I have selected to show is "temperature." Under temperature, the system allows for "indoor" and "outdoor." When I select indoor, it is never saved as a choice and the system always reverts back to outdoor. 

Any pointers on how to resolve this are appreciated.

Yes, there is indeed a HVAC system connected.

If I click on the "Thermostat" object for the room, I get the following output:

1105  FAN_MODE:
1112  IS_CONNECTED: 1
1138  HUMIDITY: 0
1100  SCALE: CELSIUS
1107  HVAC_STATE: Off
1144  PRESET:
1131  TEMPERATURE_C: 26
1149  SINGLE_SETPOINT_F: 61
1108  FAN_STATE: Off
1104  HVAC_MODE:
1145  MESSAGE:
1130  TEMPERATURE_F: 79
1150  SINGLE_SETPOINT_C: 16
1120  HVAC_MODES_LIST: Auto_Heat,Heat/Cool_Heat

So the temperature for the room (26C) is correct. The challenging thing is that this used to work fine. Now I am not sure why it broke all of a sudden.

We have a bug with touch screens with indoor/outdoor temperatures on the screen saver. The touch screen team is investigating this issue now, and once they have located the root cause we'll get a fix out. 

I've been told that having your dealer set the screen saver settings through composer fixes things for some reason, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself to verify.

17 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

We have a bug with touch screens with indoor/outdoor temperatures on the screen saver. The touch screen team is investigating this issue now, and once they have located the root cause we'll get a fix out. 

I've been told that having your dealer set the screen saver settings through composer fixes things for some reason, but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself to verify.

Thanks for that info. Where on composer does one configure the screensaver for the touchscreen?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Stevestobo said:

I have the oposite problem, it only shows indoor temp and if I change to outside it reverts back to inside. Is this fixed. I just posted a similar one to you.

Not fixed. The only way I was able to solve was to make this config change from inside Composer Pro vs on the touchscreen directly.

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 2:56 PM, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

It would be inside the UI Config Agent > Screen Saver tab.

I never had this problem until today. I was on 3.2.2 (T3 was on 3.1.1 for some reason, possibly because I had done a warranty exchange on it not too long ago), and everything was fine. I upgraded everything to 3.2.4, and my T3 suddenly started showing the Indoor temperature, rather than Outdoor, as specified in the T3's setup.

I fixed it by configuring it in the UI Agent, as suggested above, and rebooting the T3.

So apparently this problem has not yet been fixed, and I'm posting to report a specific scenario that actually triggered its occurrence, in case that might help pinpoint its cause.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.