C4 Forums | Control4

Outdoor TV with Audio for Pool Area

navman

I am looking for an outdoor TV for my pool area, the screen will be facing the sun and will be hung from an outdoor patio.

My C4 dealer recommended the Sunbrite Pro Series using an Apple TV, with Audio coming from around the pool with Sonance 8.2 Landscape series.

Does anybody have any feedback on this set-up and feedback for C4 integration?  

The Sunbrite is  rather pricey, are there any good full sun alternatives?, What are the lead-times on Sunbrite currently out of stock everywhere (looking at 55 or 65 inch)

How does the Sonance fare as the audio option and If I wanted to add a few speakers elsewhere e..g front audio can I easily add more speakers to the the set-up?

19 hours ago, am350z said:

Outdoor tvs are stupid pricey.  Is the TV covered?  We purchased a cheap vizio with thought we may have to replace frequently which is still cheaper than the sunbrite, etc.  10 years and no issue.  Humid climate, 10 ft from salt pool.  Ymmv

I did the same thing.  I replaced the first TV after about 7 years, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because I wanted a larger size.  My TV is also in direct sunlight in the afternoon and I watch from the pool occasionally.  My TV is on an articulated arm and it is in a mostly enclosed pool cabana when not in use.

15 minutes ago, RAV said:

Using an indoor listed TV outside is asking for trouble. Any installer who does so is exposing themselves to huge liabilities.

I am not an installer but end user.  Worked fine for me in harsh environment but notice the “ymmv”,  lol. 

11 minutes ago, RAV said:

Using an indoor listed TV outside is asking for trouble. Any installer who does so is exposing themselves to huge liabilities.

My unique situation is further complicated by the fact that I want to view the TV from face two sides of the patio area, for example one side faces an indoor patio area, the other side faces the pool area.  This will be mounted to a ceiling.

My C4 dealer has suggested a pricey Sunbrite Pro for the outside area and a cheap normal indoorr tv for the inside area using a Dual Front & Back TV Ceiling Mount.

What I was hoping was to use a single TV using a single ceiling mount that will allow you to safely flip the TV (we are talking 100lbs),

This will save some money and also opens up the possibility to using a partial sun TV as this would be mounted a little more inwards of the patio area.

58 minutes ago, navman said:

I have also been looking at the Samsung Full Sun Models, a little more pricier than Sunbrite, how do they compare?

The Terrace TVs are light cannons. I think the full sun and even the regular one is rated at 2000 nits. The Sunbrite Pro is 1000

I've been looking at the Terrace for a while now, and was amazed that people are saying the sunbrite tv is less, so I just went back and checked assuming I missed something.

Here's some facts:

The Sunbrite has 3 models, Veranda, Signature and Pro.

The Veranda is the cheapest...it's basically a regular tv that's made weather proof.  And this is cheaper than the terrace. 

The Signature is the one that would compete with the Terrace. MSRP on the 55 Signature is about $1000 MORE than the Terrace.

The Pro would be the best Sunbrite and will cost you $2500 more than the 55" terrace

From what I can tell....you're paying for a really thick glass on the Sunbrites. My kids are old enough not to hit the TV with a hammer and I watch the giants indoors........

And for anyone that watches sports 120Hz Refresh on the Terrace, 60 on the Subright.

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

I've been looking at the Terrace for a while now, and was amazed that people are saying the sunbrite tv is less, so I just went back and checked assuming I missed something.

Here's some facts:

The Sunbrite has 3 models, Veranda, Signature and Pro.

The Veranda is the cheapest...it's basically a regular tv that's made weather proof.  And this is cheaper than the terrace. 

The Signature is the one that would compete with the Terrace. MSRP on the 55 Signature is about $1000 MORE than the Terrace.

The Pro would be the best Sunbrite and will cost you $2500 more than the 55" terrace

From what I can tell....you're paying for a really thick glass on the Sunbrites. My kids are old enough not to hit the TV with a hammer and I watch the giants indoors........

And for anyone that watches sports 120Hz Refresh on the Terrace, 60 on the Subright.

Thanks for the Info, sports would play a big factor, Even though The Terrace full sun is more expensive than the Sunbrite I believe it has better picture quality.

19 hours ago, navman said:

Thanks for the Info, sports would play a big factor, Even though The Terrace full sun is more expensive than the Sunbrite I believe it has better picture quality.

So I've been looking at both. Im convinced, and think you should recheck, you're probably comparing the Terrace with the Veranda. I personally don't see a comparison, as there veranda doesn't stack up to the terrace. I'd compare a veranda with a plain old simple 4K monitor....   to do a fair comparison the terrace comparable with the signature.

If you see a signature for much less than the terrace, let me know where!

I will prob go for the 75 Terrace Full Sun version, thanks for the help in choosing, in regards to sound output, I am not planning on using a sounder, I would like it connected to Sonance Landscape Series 8.2 set-up any thoughts on this set-up?

Finally looking for a Mount that can rotated 180- Degrees so that I can flip between pool and patio, Can use a ceiling mount or have some sort of enclosure, would prefer motorized if possible, any suggestions?

23 hours ago, navman said:

I will prob go for the 75 Terrace Full Sun version, thanks for the help in choosing, in regards to sound output, I am not planning on using a sounder, I would like it connected to Sonance Landscape Series 8.2 set-up any thoughts on this set-up?

Finally looking for a Mount that can rotated 180- Degrees so that I can flip between pool and patio, Can use a ceiling mount or have some sort of enclosure, would prefer motorized if possible, any suggestions?

Future Automation or Nexus 21 for motorized mount. Future for sure has an outdoor/marine rated version. This mount will cost as much (or more) than the full sun Terrace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.