C4 Forums | Control4

My AVM-HTC1-B died, what are my upgrade options?

nacho

A dealer would need to get a HC300 running 2.5.3 to upgrade all (compatible) embernet devices to zb pro. then you can start your upgrade path. You may still need to replace other non compatible devices. Or you can get a media controller on ebay for cheap and leave as is if a dealer will program something that old.

2 hours ago, nacho said:

I'm looking to upgrade from my AVM-HTC1-B to something newer(supported). All of my devices are still embernet. Are there any upgrade paths available to me?

Thanks,

Jeff

Power supplies go bad in these (do a search here). Either do as stated above, get replacement unit and load project, (good luck finding one on embernet) or get your power supply fixed (if that is the issue) and upgrade to pro with it.

7 hours ago, nacho said:

Tried to fix the power supply, unfortunately that was not the problem. I found an old unit on ebay that had the correct software version, but it was setup in zigbee mode. Thanks for the responses.

if I remember correctly. I may be wrong as its been awhile as I don't remember if the media controller can do this. You should be able to upload your project to the new device with zb pro and update your embernet devices and get back up and running.

6 hours ago, Jack_Ckun said:

if I remember correctly. I may be wrong as its been awhile as I don't remember if the media controller can do this. You should be able to upload your project to the new device with zb pro and update your embernet devices and get back up and running.

I was able to load up the project onto the controller and it is visible, but since the controller is in zigbee mode and my switches are embernet, the setup does not work. I do see the switches etc in the interface but  I can't upgrade the switches to zigbee since all of the upgrade links in the controller to the control4 website are dead. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,

Jeff

? Embernet to Pro update is possible using any controller on 2.5.3 or below of the MC/HTC generation or HC200/300/500 type.

Doesn't require any external excess to files, it's built into the software.

Honestly, it sounds like you're in over your head - heck updating a system from embernet is not something all dealers may even know - but it is possible. Find a local dealer, or see if one of the ones offering remote service can working via teamviewer with you to try and get this started.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.