C4 Forums | Control4

No audio from ea-3 digital coax out

Hi friends, my wonderful new programmer has configured my ea-3 to output audio from the ea-3 digital coax out. I also have audio from the line out to a 8 zone amp. My intention is to feed the coax audio to a separate amp ( such as sonos connect or port). 

I am getting NO audio when I add the new room to my list. …just white noise. When I connected it to an old sonos amp, I could hear the audio, very faint and garbled when I turned the volume right up.

I know it’s not my sonos amp, as that works perfect. The audio to the 8 zone amp works around the house, so I know it’s not the way-3. 

is there something I’m missing which is preventing audio simultaneously play out of the 3.5mm. And the digit coAx?

So this works now . My programmer fixed something in the bindings. I added a digital coax (IN) to rca (out) . Fed that into the Sonos connect and boom. Now I just need to fiddle with the delay sync settings a little. Otherwise I now have c4 playing with sonos. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.