C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom for OS 3 on iOS Released!

28 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

Right or wrong, it's the perception that inexpensive, readily available DYI designed products have free cloud services but premium luxury systems with premium installer fees require an additional license just to view basic features remotely. 

if it were $99/year just for the intercom app yes it would be expensive especially since it doesn't include any cloud data storage etc like Ring offers with some of their paid services.  When you look at what is offered for the $99/4sight the value proposition may or may not change depending on the user given the security of your data/name, remote access, voice integrations, When/Then, etc.

26 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

Right or wrong, it's the perception that inexpensive, readily available DYI designed products have free cloud services but premium luxury systems with premium installer fees require an additional license just to view basic features remotely. 

Those DYi systems are not free, they are selling your data.

Im sure many people pay more for their streaming services than a license for 4 sight. 

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

is it though?  Why is it a shame?

because FOR ME, the only time it would be used is someone at the pool calling up to the kitchen.......  otherwise if we didn't have Ring and used C4 door cameras, etc it's definitely worth it.

Just now, ekohn00 said:

because the only time it would be used is someone at the pool calling up to the kitchen.......  otherwise if we didn't have Ring and used C4 door cameras, etc it's definitely worth it.

but 4sight is so much more then intercom...its a suite of capabilities:

Remote Composer Home

Remote App

Intercom AnyWhere

When/Then

Alexa

Google Assistant

Push Notifications

Cloud backup for project

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

but 4sight is so much more then intercom...its a suite of capabilities:

Remote Composer Home

Remote App

Intercom AnyWhere

When/Then

Alexa

Google Assistant

Push Notifications

Cloud backup for project

Agree, but only if you need and use them.

For those rare times we want to turn on something remote, we have a the home bridge app running. (yes hate to say apple makes remote access free and I really love that garage door button in carpplay).

And as a reminder, this is just my world......

2 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Agree, but only if you need and use them.

For those rare times we want to turn on something remote, we have a the home bridge app running. (yes hate to say apple makes remote access free and I really love that garage door button in carpplay).

And as a reminder, this is just my world......

and you can totally make that decision - I just didn't want it to seem like it was only 1 feature you were paying for - but of course usage is a factor with every potential subscription!

9 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Pretty sure you did upthread where you touted your beloved DIY systems give you cloud access for "FREE".....wink wink cough cough.

Server costs need to be paid from somewhere and I'd probably wager that C4 is still losing money on that front with how cheap 4Sight is.

Pretty sure I said that right or wrong the perception is the cost of the products should cover that when many inexpensive IoT devices include it at no cost. Not sure what beloved  DYI you're talking about but I didn't mention anything about my systems. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.