C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Dooya Shades Driver (FREE)

alanchow

Chowmain Logo" data-fileid="0691T00000DU6KKQA1

Overview

Operating in the Home & Building and Access Activities, Dooya is the leading Chinese brand in tubular motors, particularly at the entry-level. Dooya specializes in the design of control systems for rolling shutters, rolling doors, curtains and interior blinds.

Dooya is part of the Somfy Group’s portfolio of complimentary brands. Together, they cover most automation needs for openings and closures of homes and buildings around the world. They also allow the Group to service its distribution channels—manufacturers, installers, DIY superstores, e-commerce, architects—with suitable solutions.

The Connector Bridge hardware lets you connect Dooya RF controlled blinds / curtains to Control4 for bi-directional or uni directional control (depending on motor) with up / down / stop, position, tilt based control.  This includes manufacturers who have rebranded Dooya motors as their own product.

Features

• Manufacturer Sponsored FREE driver
  • Automatic import of shades for the correct featureset
    • Uni Directional Shade Driver
      • One Way Driver
        • Commands
          • Up
          • Down
          • Stop
        • Feedback
          • Shade MAC address
    • Bi Directional Shade Driver
      • Two Way Driver
        • Commands
          • Up
            • Down
            • Stop
            • Position
        • Feedback
          • Position
            • Battery mAh
            • Shade MAC address
    • Bi Directional Tilt Shade Driver
      • Two Way Driver
        • Commands
          • Up
            • Down
            • Stop
            • Position
            • Tilt
        • Feedback
          • Position
            • Tilt
            • Battery mAh
            • Shade MAC address
    • Bi Directional TDBU (Top Down, Bottom Up) Shade Driver
      • Two Way Driver
        • Commands
          • Top Motor
            • Up
              • Down
              • Stop
              • Position
          • Bottom Motor
            • Up
              • Down
              • Stop
              • Position
        • Feedback
          • Top Motor Position
            • Bottom Motor Position
            • Battery mAh
            • Shade MAC address
  • Battery mAh feedback for bi-directional motors with batteries installed.
    • Ability to specify low battery mAh
    • Event fire on low battery
    • Automatic email notifcation on low battery (requires 4sight)
    • Automatic push notification on low battery (requires 4sight)

FAQ

How much does this driver cost?

This driver is manufacturer sponsored and is released for FREE.

Why should we utilise Dooya RF motor products?

• Dooya is 70% owned by Somfy and with Somfy’s guidance produce high quality and affordable motors for use in various applications.
  • Dooya’s RF motors can be utilised in various applications and installed with or without running power cables.
  • Dooya provides uni directional, bi-directional, tilt, top down / bottom up, curtains and many more types of motor applications.
  • Dooya motors are utilised by many shade manufacturers and installation companies around the world. Some of whom rebrand Dooya as their own. Your next job may already have Dooya motors installed.

What does this work for?

This will work for all Dooya RF motorised devices connected to a Dooya Connector Bridge (Model DD7002B) or Dooya Mini Bridge (Model DD1554).  Many manufacturers rebrand Dooya devices and rebrand it for themselves.  This will work with those manufacturers as well.

What is the difference between the different bridge models?

The Dooya Connector Bridge (DD7002B) can control both bi-directional motors and uni-directional motors.  The Dooya Mini Bridge (DD1554) can only control bi-directional motors.

Does this work with Dooya's RS485 motors?

No this driver will only work with RF motors connected to the Dooya Connector Bridge or Mini Bridge.

Does this device provide two way control?

This driver will provide bi-directional control and feedback over blinds / curtains that have two-way feedback.  If the motor is uni directional only the driver will assume the last state sent is the current state.

How doe Uni Directional Drivers work?

Uni Directional Drivers have up, down and stop commands only.  There is no feedback on the driver.  Note uni directional motors are only supported by the Connector Bridge DD7002B model.

How does TDBU Drivers work?

TDBU drivers have two proxies associated.  One for the top and one for the bottom.  The top motor closes when it goes up and opens when it goes down.  The bottom motor does the opposite and closes when it goes down and opens when it goes up.

Also note that if the top motor goes below the bottom motor’s level it will force the bottom motor to move to the top motors desired level.  This happens in reverse when the bottom motor goes above the top motor’s level as well.

How does Tilt Drivers works?

The Tilt driver has two proxies associated.  One for the position and one for tilt.  Note that on some motors tilt is driven by a single motor and as such tilting the louver will cause the main position to shift slightly between 95-100%.  This is normal behavior

How do I find out more information about the driver?

Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

Driver Link

dooya_screenshot

Edited by alanchow
Driver is now FREE

• alanchow changed the title to Chowmain - Dooya Shades Driver (FREE)

• 1 month later...

Hello Alan. Awesome work. I am trying to figure out what to do with my configuration. I have Alta Bliss. The SSID it broadcasts is USBXXXXX. Other apps that use the SAME bridge (DD1554 Mini Bridge) haveother NEEDS via APP for the SSID broadcast. I am also trying to use wirelesstag.net withlight sensor to calcuate the sun and then have thresholds to open/close blinds.

https://wirelesstag.net/specs.html#tag

The Alta Bliss is closed as is and has no access to IFTTT which would have been an easy fix.

I have found some github repository PLUS you chowmainsoft and drivercentral. 

What is the BEST way to connect these two things. I want the wireless tag to notify (via IFTTT or some other way) when to close and open blind. 

image.png

23 hours ago, Hombre said:

Hello Alan. Awesome work. I am trying to figure out what to do with my configuration. I have Alta Bliss. The SSID it broadcasts is USBXXXXX. Other apps that use the SAME bridge (DD1554 Mini Bridge) haveother NEEDS via APP for the SSID broadcast. I am also trying to use wirelesstag.net withlight sensor to calcuate the sun and then have thresholds to open/close blinds.

https://wirelesstag.net/specs.html#tag

The Alta Bliss is closed as is and has no access to IFTTT which would have been an easy fix.

I have found some github repository PLUS you chowmainsoft and drivercentral. 

What is the BEST way to connect these two things. I want the wireless tag to notify (via IFTTT or some other way) when to close and open blind. 

image.png

Sounds like you don't have Control4.  The driver we wrote was commissioned by Dooya (Bliss rebadge Dooya) under NDA.  You'll need to purchase a Control4 system if you want to use our integration.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.