C4 Forums | Control4

Enable/Disable Schedule Through App

Hizzle

I have a few things that run off of schedules (fans, lights, shades, etc...)  Now that the time is changing, I don't need them to come on.  How's the best way to enable/disable the schedule via the app vs turning it off in Composer?  Use case: I have a fan on the patio which always comes on at 8am and turns off at midnight.  Now that it is 43deg, there is no reason to have the fan come on so I'd like to disable the schedule but be able to reenable it when it gets warmer out.  Would I use a variable for enable/disable?  How does this get shown in the app?

Another use case is setting the doorbell sound to be a holiday song.  It would be good to be able to load up different songs and you can choose which one you want to play directly from the app.

Thanks again for the help.

There are a couple of ways of doing this.  Either change your schedules to work using one of the various schedule drivers (Chowmain has one) which can be controlled from the Touchscreens.

OR, my preference,

Use some form of Boolean Experience button (Chowmain and bNet Solutions both have a number of these - Chowmain Experience Button Suite, or bNet Solutions bIcons driver - from memory - contain these). Use these to allow you to turn a variable on / off from your Touchscreens / app. And program the schedule to only run if this variable is true (within the programming for the schedule.

If you have a 4-sight subscription you can send a push notification to any of your registered devices. I've got all my variables set up with custom buttons. Works beautifully, especially with my iPhone and Apple watch (I get the notification on my watch).

Martymohr, Agreed.  I do the same thing with notifications an one of my other devices, but I can't see current state of a Scene as South Africa pointed out.  On my other device and notification it's on a mechanical pump, so I can check it's state but schedules would be "hidden" from the UI.  Thanks again for all the help on this.  Do you get updated icons for Chowmein or bNet (i.e. OS 3.0 icons)?

Hizzle - Although I do have custom buttons, they are what I call legacy. Using the built-in Control4 Alexa capability, together with the IFTTT tool, everything in the house is controlled by voice through Amazon's Echo devices. And when I can't remember the state of any variable,, I simply say "Alexa, trigger variable list" and I get an email with all variable values listed.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, net_tech said:

Wouldn't setting an If statement inside your schedule and running your fans, lights, shades only in the months of the year you need them work?

I only wish weather was that consistent.  ;)  We can still have days in the 80s in Nov.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.