C4 Forums | Control4

New user, some questions

biosdi

Hi guys. My local agent has just setup C4 in my home. The idea is to control lights, blinds and audio/video. 4sight is active.

I wonder…what can I customize? I mean: I downloaded C4 app on my mobile, but I want to have a full system overview (I’ve heard about Composer…). Anyone could explain me?

thanks

Just now, biosdi said:

Hi guys. My local agent has just setup C4 in my home. The idea is to control lights, blinds and audio/video. 4sight is active.

I wonder…what can I customize? I mean: I downloaded C4 app on my mobile, but I want to have a full system overview (I’ve heard about Composer…). Anyone could explain me?

thanks

A dealer can sell you PC based software called composer home edition. It is different than composer pro that the dealer uses

you can do 95% of the programming your dealer can do - but you cannot bind hardware and you cannot add hardware

its $149 one time fee and it comes with 1 year if 4sight which is $99 so really it’s like $50

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, eggzlot said:

A dealer can sell you PC based software called composer home edition. It is different than composer pro that the dealer uses

you can do 95% of the programming your dealer can do - but you cannot bind hardware and you cannot add hardware

its $149 one time fee and it comes with 1 year if 4sight which is $99 so really it’s like $50

Sorry, I had to signup with new user and email, because forum kept blocking me from posting due to “Forbbiden. Please enable JavaScript”. Obviously was enabled, so I tried with new account. It worked. 

Anyway: my dealer told me he can’t find Composer HE😳 Can you help me to buy it somewhere else? (Some dealers on this forum?)

thanks

19 minutes ago, aspide said:

Sorry, I had to signup with new user and email, because forum kept blocking me from posting due to “Forbbiden. Please enable JavaScript”. Obviously was enabled, so I tried with new account. It worked. 

Anyway: my dealer told me he can’t find Composer HE😳 Can you help me to buy it somewhere else? (Some dealers on this forum?)

thanks

I'm available to sell Composer HE upon request.

35 minutes ago, aspide said:

thanks

If you have a dealer who doesn’t know where to access HE you need to fire them… They clearly are not knowledgeable about basic things with the brand

1 hour ago, aspide said:

thanks

As others mentioned - run far from the dealer and get set up with someone here

1 hour ago, Control4Savant said:

If you have a dealer who doesn’t know where to access HE you need to fire them… They clearly are not knowledgeable about basic things with the brand

I’m aware of that… however unfortunately I payed him and I need him to complete installation of some other no-C4 stuff…then, for sure, they will be fired. In the meantime, can I buy HE from other dealer? Or this means that actual installer will lose access to my system? 

thanks

5 hours ago, aspide said:

If your dealer told you that then he is either:

1. Extremely incompetent
  2. Lying

Why would he lie?  So that you have to call him to make any change which increases his revenue and/or because he doesn't want you to make changes the screw up the system.

11 minutes ago, zaphod said:

If your dealer told you that then he is either:

1. Extremely incompetent
  2. Lying

Why would he lie?  So that you half to call him to make any change which increases his revenue and/or because he doesn't want you to make changes the screw up the system.

I think he’s lying. However I don’t care. He will finish his job and than bye bye 

10 minutes ago, aspide said:

I think he’s lying. However I don’t care. He will finish his job and than bye bye 

Customer.Control4.com and you can change your dealer.  Current dealer won’t get a notice.  Will only find out when they cannot access your system

finish up the work. Be nice. Then move on

44 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Customer.Control4.com and you can change your dealer.  Current dealer won’t get a notice.  Will only find out when they cannot access your system

finish up the work. Be nice. Then move on

Ok. So, before getting HE, should I wait him to finish? Or can I have HE and let him to finish?

3 hours ago, aspide said:

Ok. So, before getting HE, should I wait him to finish? Or can I have HE and let him to finish?

Either or

can change dealers - let them sell you HE - then change back

or let him finish then switch

you can change your dealer daily if you want :)

personally if the install is going well and this is the sole hiccup I’d let them finish and then buy HE after the fact.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.