C4 Forums | Control4

Program based on specific user unlocking Yale locks

LollerAgent

Question

Is this possible?  I don't think so - but thought I would confirm here.

Use-case:  automatically trigger "housekeeper mode" once the housekeeper unlocks the door.  I currently handle this by having the housekeeper tap a keypad button, but it would be nice to eliminate that step.

8 answers to this question

I found the LAST_UNLOCKED_BY variable, but I'm having trouble getting it working.  What am I doing wrong here?  Nothing in the LAST_UNLOCKED_BY variable is firing.

image.png.763e5ebc7dde701817b4ed6ccce208a9.png

I know "Housekeeper" is the correct user (verified by using the "Print users" action in the driver, and debug logging prints the user when the lock is unlocked).  I can throw an action outside of the LAST_UNLOCKED_BY conditional and it fires as expected, but I can't get any user-specific actions to trigger using the LAST_UNLOCKED_BY_EQUAL variable.

Unlocked Manually is the wrong event to put programming in for when a user unlocks the lock.

There are different events for unlock and lock, depending on how the lock was locked or unlocked.

You want just 'Unlocked', not 'Unlocked Manually'.

RyanE

9 hours ago, RyanE said:

Unlocked Manually is the wrong event to put programming in for when a user unlocks the lock.

There are different events for unlock and lock, depending on how the lock was locked or unlocked.

You want just 'Unlocked', not 'Unlocked Manually'.

RyanE

I thought the same thing, but the lock (via it's Last Action Description in Composer) thinks a keypad unlock is indeed a "ManualUnlock." Like I said.. if I put programming under "Unlocked Manually" *outside* of the LAST_UNLOCKED_BY conditional, it triggers as expected.

I do see this in the logs:

LockReport_LockStatus  Status: unlocked  Description: ManualUnlock  Source: Yale Lock  ManualCaused: true
NOTIFY.LOCK_STATUS_CHANGED
Lock_HistoryEventNow: ManualUnlock Yale Lock
Lock_HistoryEvent ManualUnlock  Yale Lock  2022.01.04 08:38
ZL.logPacketTransmission(): class[Inbound] frameType[ClusterSpecific] clusterId[0x0009][Alarm] commandId[0x00][Alarm] sequenceNumber[0x13]
Inbound.Handlers.Alarm(): alarmId[0x13][KeypadUnlock]
ZL.logPacketTransmission(): class[Inbound] frameType[ClusterSpecific] clusterId[0xfc00][AssaDoorLock] commandId[0x36][GetLastUserIdEntered] sequenceNumber[0x14]
UI.update(): LastUserIdEntered
UI.update(): LockStatus
LockReport_LockStatus  Status: unlocked  Description: KeypadUnlock[Housekeeper]  Source: Yale Lock  ManualCaused: false

So - it looks like the driver sees a Manual Unlock, and then a normal Unlock?  I'll play with this more later when I get home.  The conditional doesn't work under "Unlock" either, though.

Yeah, it does some goofy things.  For example, if it's manually unlocked, you'll get both the manual unlock event, and then an 'Unlocked' event, with 'Manually' as the user name.

I just know that if you want to check for the user unlock, you do it in the 'Unlocked' event.

RyanE

Ok - so, I can't get this reliably working at all on one of my locks.

The Assure that seems to work well consistently has a "module firmware version" = 5.

The Assure that does NOT work has a "module firmware version" = 7 (newer!).  On this lock, I can't get any LAST_UNLOCKED_BY programming to trigger, even though the logs indicate that it should.  I guess I'm going to try resetting/renrolling/etc - which sucks because it's sort of a PITA.

All other settings are the same.  

@RyanE - do you have any Assures?  If so, do you have any issues on any of yours like I'm describing?  Thanks for your help!

I finally got this working - but I really don't know how. A series of resets+reflashes+reconfigs. 

I think there is an issue with the latest firmware on the Assure locks.  Others have reported similar functionality.  It's working for now, but sometimes it still flakes out.  I think I may downgrading the firmware on the lock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.