C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Matrix Switch replacement recommendations

Maxime

Question

Hi everyone,

I am kind of new with the system as it came with my house I bought 4 months ago. After having troubles with streaming music. I have to restart my  Audio Matrix Switch (ref.C4-16ZAMSV3-B) everyday if I want to listen to music. I had a guy run a diagnostic  remotely to look into that particular issue. He updated the system and told me that if my Audio Matrix Switch was still acting funky I would need a replacement as it usually goes south after few years.

So today it is still not working (although the speaker icon is not muted for once) but still no sound. I would need to replace it and I have 2 options in mind:

- Add a new audio matrix switch unit (so far I have 4 zones with a total of 10 in ceiling speakers and 2 subwoofers that I never heard working). Any particular model you would recommend? 

- Getting 3 or 4 sonos amp to control the various zone and then have the option of moving from Control4 in the near future if I want to

Can you guys tell me your 2 cents on what would be the most beneficial option? 

Thanks
Maxime

2 answers to this question

Hi

My audio just stopped working through the C4 audio matrix. It looked like the power supply went bad. I bought a used replacement C4 audio matrix. But, before I hook it up, I again unplugged the original audio matrix and disconnected the Ethernet cable for 2 hours. When I replugged the Ethernet cable then the power cord, I got a blaring beep at about 5 second intervals. Does anyone know what that may indicate? May seem that power supply is not bad since the blaring beep noise is on all speakers in the house. Is this an alarm of some sort? Should I proceed with the replacement unit? Thank you all for any reply.

Ed