C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron RA3

dinom

2 minutes ago, dinom said:

Looks like RTI got an updated driver for RA3. Nothing from Control4 yet?  I should be getting my new RA3 controller any day now. 

does there need to be an update?  Since it's still leap and the leap driver is out?

4 minutes ago, dinom said:

I’m not sure. RTI just announced an update for their LEAP driver so I just assumed it was needed, but maybe not. 

from what I was reading about RA3 was that it's based on the LEAP protocol so I thought maybe the current leap driver would work

I just upgraded my showroom to RA3 and requested beta driver access. We'll see how it goes. The QSX driver (November 2020?) was way behind the actual processor release date (May 2020).

The processor shows up in SDDP as a Homeworks processor and the driver pulls the mac address, but it doesn't respond to pairing, actions, or programming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 8:30 AM, dinom said:

As beta only right now?  Or released?

That guy is a total tool, like what a super helpful post "the driver exists" and then no follow up.  Like why bother even posting.  I hate people like that.

4 hours ago, 416to305 said:

That guy is a total tool, like what a super helpful post "the driver exists" and then no follow up.  Like why bother even posting.  I hate people like that.

Right? Like people that have super helpful posts about how they hate someone who is hinting that the driver is in the works but cannot really say more than that at this point in time.

Real tools people like that.

😇

Let’s keep things civil and minimize the shitposting, name calling, etc.

yes it sucks @msgreenf can’t provide any more info. Let’s infer from that post that he’s under an NDA and can’t share any more details. Can’t blame him for that. I wish I knew more info too, I have ra3 gear sitting in a box waiting to be installed by my dealer. And he won’t provide any more info either. So that’s just where we are. At least we can be happy knowing that a driver is in the works and it’s being tested. Fingers crossed it’s not too much longer before it’s released.

also, @msgreenf’s posts are super short and to the point, but keep in mind that he responds to 90% of the threads on here and is a huge resource for the community. So I would imagine the guy has to keep things short just to keep up.

Looks like the LEAP driver for switches etc has just been updated to v6, and that now apparently supports RA3.  However, the Processor driver is still on V5 and there is no mention of RA3 in the documentation.  Seems like the processor driver must be close to release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.