C4 Forums | Control4

3.2.4.615802 is now avaliable, has what fixes, features?

Amr

8 minutes ago, Dueport said:

Good tip. Is the new price public yet? $100 is a pretty good deal really considering all the other subscriptions (ring, total connect, etc) you can dump after migration to C4. 

I am not sure, my buddy is a dealer and I just got it at cost. I would still lock retail pricing for multiple years, and even considering doing another couple of years as well before increase.

You are right. I have no other costs for my house. Security (Self monitor with C4), Cameras, Chime - they all add up for remote/storage fees.  Along with just getting Alexa last year, I can't give her up. I love yelling at my house now hahaha.

18 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

It was just increased to $120 MSRP.

A Benjamin plus a Jackson.

C4 contributing to inflation - it hasn't gone up in a while as I have had C4 for around 14 years and I think it was always $100/yr, but a 20% increase is pretty steep.

Considering Netflix doubled fees over the same period, $8 to $16, 20% seems a reasonable increase.

For the record, it's never gone up, been $100 since introduction.

And, yes, they raised Composer HE, which still includes 1 year, equivalently as well.

4 hours ago, Kaas Mayer said:

i don´t think that a 120usd subscription is state of the art..

especially on this connection speeds. 🐌

complimentary external access is the standard on most smarthome systems i know

dont understand why to charge so much money on an simple vpn 

Don't think it's a simple vpn. I'm fairly certain you're connecting to a cloud server. Not to mention the voice control 4sight brings and the remote intercom.

Personally I was shocked with a 20% increase and no amazing new features to go with that. Still $120 isn't bad if you can use the features. Since I also have Apple Home and HomeKit implemented  and can control the home remotely at $0 cost, I dropped 4sight.

Somebody's got to pay for it.

1. just those who use it - 4sight
2. everybody - markup the products and figure 10 years of developement/server costs per user
3. sell everybodys data, the popular choice of many IoT companies

If it's "free", "included" then everybody pays.

(History lesson, there was a time when these and more were all added licenses. Processors were cheaper. Intercom, Phone, 4Sight, Major Upgrades were all add on license fees. For example: $500 for intercom, $100 per phone for the app.)

As an example, 2n charges ~$32 USD for a yearly contract to have a device work on its Intercom platform.  So out of that $99 for the old pricing, 1/3 was already being "spent" towards intercom services.  Very basic math, not everyone uses the Intercom feature so on a cost basis its less per subscription, I get it.  But you have voice services, Cloud connections, etc.

As others have said its a first time price increase.  I don't love it, but I've been paying $99 since 2013.  So a 20% increase is what it is....

• msgreenf pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.