C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Connect doesn't show in Spotify app?

Qais Samara

Dears,

I have a problem streaming my Spotify to Control4, I added the Spotify Connect in composer, but when I play a song on Spotify the Spotify connect driver from Control4 doesn't appear in the available devices to connect given that I am using a Spotify premium account as required by Control4. 

I appreciate your help.

21 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Selected in Monitoting as being a visible audio device for the room in question?

Hi

Thank you for your response, the Spotify connect is visible inside Control4 rooms in the app, but it doesn't appear inside Spotify app as a device to connect to.

This is a demo project where I do tests before going to customers.

image.png.b2334c8aab26d9164a5722b7592c2a17.png

image.png.ef5bad3b706c752595c840314ad155ed.pngimage.thumb.png.72bbe4655b4bd3e3c0f47177fa60eae2.pngimage.png.53c0c333d4f2cf623e205309a3a895dd.png

Hi tekki70,

Thank you for your response, I rebooted the controller, deleted and added the driver again, and gave it a unique name, but it doesn't work. I even deleted the whole project and rebuilt it again but also didn't work.

Do I need to be logged in to control4 using the same email I logged in with to Spotify?

47 minutes ago, Qais Samara said:

Hi tekki70,

Thank you for your response, I rebooted the controller, deleted and added the driver again, and gave it a unique name, but it doesn't work. I even deleted the whole project and rebuilt it again but also didn't work.

Do I need to be logged in to control4 using the same email I logged in with to Spotify?

What controller do you have?

add the shairbridge driver, try to connect to that, if you can connect and play music to that than nothing wrong with the controller, so another question is just check your all your bindings again. try another phone, make sure your on same wifi if you dont have 4sight. after that im stumped i would have to see the actual project

20 hours ago, tekki70 said:

add the shairbridge driver, try to connect to that, if you can connect and play music to that than nothing wrong with the controller, so another question is just check your all your bindings again. try another phone, make sure your on same wifi if you dont have 4sight. after that im stumped i would have to see the actual project

Hi @tekki70

Thank you very much for your response and help, the Shairbridge works well, here at my demo project on EA-1 controller and on customer site on EA-5 controller, but the Spotify doesn't work. 

This morning at my time, surprisingly and out of nowhere, the Spotify worked well and I was able to stream from Spotify app to Triad-1 through Control4!! I swear I didn't change anything! It just worked by itself! I am happy that it worked, but I hope it works on my customer site.

I am attaching the composer project.

image.thumb.png.a916f1febf43def359cfdc7f7ed0522b.png

InterTrade-C4demo.c4p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.