C4 Forums | Control4

Scheduler questions (interruptions)

zg825

I finished programming all my lights and set up various schedules.  I am trying to add some more nice to have automations added in.

Every night at sunset, I have a series of outside lights. Starting a few hours later, various outside lights will turn off depending on where they are at in the house. Two of the lights, the front porch & rear security light turn off at 10:30. Another light 

What I want to happen is:  If the time is after 10:30, and front door contact opens, then Front Porch Lights turn on for 10 minutes then turn off. 

Another thing I want to happen separately is : If the outside music speaker is on then the rear security light should not turn off at the 10:30 scheduler. Once the music is off, then 10 minutes later, the lights should turn off.  

The idea is that if we are outside, we don't the lights to shut off at 10:30 on us. But after 10:30, I would like the lights to turn off after 10 minutes.  I'm not sure if this is the best way, but maybe the program would say something like :

If it is 10:29 and music is on, the rear flood lights are on. Once music turns off, then lights turn off 10 minutes after that.

What I also need some direction on is where I should put this code. 

54 minutes ago, zg825 said:

I finished programming all my lights and set up various schedules.  I am trying to add some more nice to have automations added in.

Every night at sunset, I have a series of outside lights. Starting a few hours later, various outside lights will turn off depending on where they are at in the house. Two of the lights, the front porch & rear security light turn off at 10:30. Another light 

What I want to happen is:  If the time is after 10:30, and front door contact opens, then Front Porch Lights turn on for 10 minutes then turn off. 

Another thing I want to happen separately is : If the outside music speaker is on then the rear security light should not turn off at the 10:30 scheduler. Once the music is off, then 10 minutes later, the lights should turn off.  

The idea is that if we are outside, we don't the lights to shut off at 10:30 on us. But after 10:30, I would like the lights to turn off after 10 minutes.  I'm not sure if this is the best way, but maybe the program would say something like :

If it is 10:29 and music is on, the rear flood lights are on. Once music turns off, then lights turn off 10 minutes after that.

What I also need some direction on is where I should put this code. 

for the first one - set up an schedule agent for 10:30pm and say another one for dusk and also create a timer

then you can do

IF After 10:30pm
    IF before dusk
        When Door Contact sensor opens
              Start 10 min front porch light timer

Then under the timer you can say when the 10 minute ends, turn off the lights

For the rear lights, have those on a T/F variable

so the programming is

If the Rear Music is on
   set Rear Music to True

Then at 10:30 that light only goes off if that Rear Music Variable is False, not true

You can then do if Room off is pressed after say 10:30, start another different 10 minute rear light timer, turn on the lights and when the timer runs out turn off the lights.

this can be done fairly lightly as well. 

I would just create a couple lines of code. 

for the front door

when the front door opens

if night time

turn on the light

when it closes

start a timer

when timer expires

if after 1030pm

turn off light.

as for the back yard

schedule event happens at 1030

if the backyard is off

turn off the light

when back yard turns off

if after 1030 pm

start timer

when timer expires

if back yard is off

turn off light

We also have a training course for composer home edition. In this course, we will be using the same Composer Home software available to you as the end-user. We will go through real-life situations to automate your home, troubleshoot your system, and educate you about the tools you have as a consumer.  We hope this course will help to take full advantage of your investment in Control4. You can see our first video here for free on youtube.com . You can sign up here on our Pateron Site. We will be offering a lot of benefits for our supporters including discounts on all walts.com products, private discord channel, free email support, and much more.  Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.