C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell door contacts / Motion sensor - instead of Control4

I have a honey well alarm system that already has wireless capability. I have tested my front door contact to turn on a light, and it is pretty instantaneous. 

I know I can purchase control4 door contacts and occupancy sensors, but if I go through Honeywell, it will be far far cheaper.  As far as I know, my alarm system will be able to handle all the "devices" easily. 

I am trying to learn from others on whether they have done motion sensors/door contacts through the alarm and then used those contacts to control lighting and what was the downside of it. 

I was told from my installer that the Honeywell wireless motion sensors (5800 series) will go into a battery save mode, so it will not detect motion very well unless the system is armed. He said he would strongly recommend wiring it as it will detect motion quickly and won't go into the battery save mode. Have you heard of the motion detector doing that or recommend one that could be brought easily into the honeywell system for motion that is wireless?

3 hours ago, zg825 said:

I was told from my installer that the Honeywell wireless motion sensors (5800 series) will go into a battery save mode, so it will not detect motion very well unless the system is armed. He said he would strongly recommend wiring it as it will detect motion quickly and won't go into the battery save mode. Have you heard of the motion detector doing that or recommend one that could be brought easily into the honeywell system for motion that is wireless?

most battery devices have a sleeply mode to conserve power. If the settings can be adjusted that is something you can play with to suite your needs. Otherwise it just depends on how you want to use the motion control. if you need stuff that is updating occupancy every 30 seconds. Battery may not be great but if you want to walk into a room have it turn a light on and turn off after a few miniutes of no occupancy should be fine. I can say that the Nyce motion sensors have a lot of options here to tune and get the best battery life.

5 hours ago, zg825 said:

We have Honeywell system with multiple motion sensors in various places around the house all are programmed to turn on lights in various situations and always work perfectly.  The door sensors are also very fast.  Great integration feature of C4 system over DIY closed system like Ring for example (one of many integration feature examples....)

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, msgreenf said:

Yup! Do it all the time. No problem at all. 

I just integrated a Honeywell alarm system using a 4232CMB to my C4 system.  The arming and disarming functions work fine in C4.  I can also see the individual zones on the C4 app.  However, I don't see the individual zones (sensors) for programming.  How do you access these for programming?

58 minutes ago, rkh said:

I just integrated a Honeywell alarm system using a 4232CMB to my C4 system.  The arming and disarming functions work fine in C4.  I can also see the individual zones on the C4 app.  However, I don't see the individual zones (sensors) for programming.  How do you access these for programming?

Your dealer has to add the sensors to c4 and bind them 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.