C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Access-Foursight

ES_Dave

I have setup some of my customers for remote access using my info from mycontrol4.com, but I want to get people setup for the Foursight program. Where do they pay the $100 sign-up? Does anyone know?

From my understanding, once they register the product on mycontrol4.com, then you can enter that username and password on the "enable remote access" area, and once that is done, you can log into their director. But where do they pay? Is this setup yet? And what happens to the ones I have enables with my account info? Do those have to be switched over at some point. Do you go and disable remote access?

At the moment, Control4 would class their remote services as Beta. They work well, and it is helping them to iron out any issues and prepare for the final release (whenever that this). So for the time being, it doesn't cost your client anything for the service. Just remember that can change at any time, but it seems you have already taken steps to make your client aware of that fact.

As to what how the change over happens in the future, it is a big unknown. I can't really comment due to lack of knowledge in this area. I am currently using the service and waiting to see what happens.

Thanks for your comments. After doing a remote setup, you really start to appreciate the fact that you always should rename the Controller running Director with the customers name/location of the controller, and for the other slave controllers, you can name them by their respective room.

If you have a bigger install with many rooms, it's also handy to name some of your equipment with actual model descriptions. (ie... Pioneer Single Disc DVD)instead of just DVD. It makes it easier in the bindings to do connections.

But yeah, I love the remote access. And putting things on static ip really seems to help. It will be interesting to see what happens with the current setups. If we will have to disable and re-enable their remote access to a new user id/password.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest czamora

Remote Access is still in development. We hope to have a public beta out next month, which will allow your customers to view and modify the status of some type of devices (lights, thermostats, security panels, contacts and relays). Subscriptions will be available for purchase at the end of the beta period.

These new services will require the v1.3 release and an updated login/password. Consumers will be able to update their login themselves through navigator.

Nice to hear 1.3 is still coming somewhat soon! I am thrilled will some of the fixes we just got in 1.2.4 but customers are asking for remote access. And picture viewing, when can we get picture viewing. And weather. That's all I ask...

Remote Access is still in development. We hope to have a public beta out next month, which will allow your customers to view and modify the status of some type of devices (lights, thermostats, security panels, contacts and relays). Subscriptions will be available for purchase at the end of the beta period.

These new services will require the v1.3 release and an updated login/password. Consumers will be able to update their login themselves through navigator.

Welcome aboard, Cris. Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to any other other insight you can share with Control4 Dealers & Users.

Archived