C4 Forums | Control4

Separate audio and video in room

I have an odd scenario to program, and I'm not sure how to do it.

In my bedroom, I have an LG TV, with a Roku, and both going into an EA-5. I also have a pair of in wall speakers that are connected to a Triad multi-channel amp for multi-room audio.

At night, my wife and I often watch TV on the LG/Roku/EA-1. Often, one of us will want to go to sleep, and the other will want to continue to watch TV. At this point I usually put a Tidal looping playlist of white noise on low volume on to the bedroom speakers through the amp. The problem is that the standard room control, media scene side of things ends up thinking that I want to switch the media in the room, so it turns off the TV/Roku and starts playing the noise, though I want them to be playing simultaneously. Additionally, if I get it all running together, "Room Off" turns the white noise off when trying to turn the TV off.

Is there any way I can do this?

1) Turn the TV on

2) Turn the white noise Tidal playlist on

3) Turn the TV off, and the white noise continues to play

I would additionally like to be able to use wake/sleep for timers, but, it seems to always turn the noise off when it turns the TV off.

I guess 3.2.4 and the multi display driver doesn't address 2 audio + 1 tv?  I haven't used it yet but: https://www.control4.com/help/c4/software/cpro/dealer-composer-help/content/composerpro_userguide/using_the_multidisplay_manager_agent.htm

Then you can probably do a timer - say press the * button the remote and that does a timer to turn off your TV screen but not "room off" so the white noise keeps playing.  I have a 90 minute timer in the bedroom tied to * button on the SR250.  Grant it when the 90 minutes are up it does "room off" but it could just as easily do "tv off".

3 hours ago, DrGonzo65 said:

I have an odd scenario to program, and I'm not sure how to do it.

In my bedroom, I have an LG TV, with a Roku, and both going into an EA-5. I also have a pair of in wall speakers that are connected to a Triad multi-channel amp for multi-room audio.

At night, my wife and I often watch TV on the LG/Roku/EA-1. Often, one of us will want to go to sleep, and the other will want to continue to watch TV. At this point I usually put a Tidal looping playlist of white noise on low volume on to the bedroom speakers through the amp. The problem is that the standard room control, media scene side of things ends up thinking that I want to switch the media in the room, so it turns off the TV/Roku and starts playing the noise, though I want them to be playing simultaneously. Additionally, if I get it all running together, "Room Off" turns the white noise off when trying to turn the TV off.

Is there any way I can do this?

1) Turn the TV on

2) Turn the white noise Tidal playlist on

3) Turn the TV off, and the white noise continues to play

I would additionally like to be able to use wake/sleep for timers, but, it seems to always turn the noise off when it turns the TV off.

19 minutes ago, Dunamivora said:

Edit* Multidisplay driver focuses on video sharing. It is the replacement for the video wall driver.

ah for some reason I thought there was a recent release that let you play audio in a room separate from what was on the TV.  I was potentially looking at doing this for my Gym in my basement so I can watch something on the TV like a sports game while pumping music through my WHA system.  I guess that is not possible but I thought there was something recently released, maybe not.

6 hours ago, eggzlot said:

ah for some reason I thought there was a recent release that let you play audio in a room separate from what was on the TV.  I was potentially looking at doing this for my Gym in my basement so I can watch something on the TV like a sports game while pumping music through my WHA system.  I guess that is not possible but I thought there was something recently released, maybe not.

I also read (heard) that this was possible since 3.2.3/4 and became possible at the same time as the Multidisplay agent came on the scene. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.