C4 Forums | Control4

Android phone not dialing with DS2 intercom but iphones do??

Hi All,

I have recently had my gate system connected to my control4 system and on a whole it works well however my phone (Samsung Note 20 Ultra) does not ring when the intercom button on the DS2 is pressed.  All the other iphones in our household do however!   I tried another android phone and this too didn't work so think it is an android inssue.  With the exception of the push notification issue, everyting else works fine on my phone.  My system has OS3 and I am using the applicable app on my phone.

So I now have an issue that when at home (and none of my family are home) I have no idea when someone is at the door.  I have already missed two package deliveries today!   I was told by my installer that I should buy an ipad to sit in the communal area (as our C4 touchscreen is in our cinema room in the attic) and it turns out after buying this today, the intercom icon does not show up as the ipad does not have cellular capability. Feeling dejected!

Any ideas??

Thanks Gary

• 1 month later...

On 4/2/2022 at 11:25 AM, garybeale said:

Hi All,

I have recently had my gate system connected to my control4 system and on a whole it works well however my phone (Samsung Note 20 Ultra) does not ring when the intercom button on the DS2 is pressed.  All the other iphones in our household do however!   I tried another android phone and this too didn't work so think it is an android inssue.  With the exception of the push notification issue, everyting else works fine on my phone.  My system has OS3 and I am using the applicable app on my phone.

So I now have an issue that when at home (and none of my family are home) I have no idea when someone is at the door.  I have already missed two package deliveries today!   I was told by my installer that I should buy an ipad to sit in the communal area (as our C4 touchscreen is in our cinema room in the attic) and it turns out after buying this today, the intercom icon does not show up as the ipad does not have cellular capability. Feeling dejected!

Any ideas??

Thanks Gary

Gary I have passed your issue to the Android Mobile team here at Snap One (Control4). Someone may be reaching out to you for more information. If you would like I can update the ticket created with your email so they can contact you directly that way. Just send me a PM if you would like me to do that. If not you can wait for someone on that team to reach out to you directly on here.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:25 PM, garybeale said:

Hi All,

Any ideas??

Thanks Gary

If you have speakers around the house, I would also suggest playing an announcement when the doorbell rings… if you do that though, I would program it go only work at certain hours (say 8 to 😎

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.