C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain Govee Driver - Why does it add every newly added device to ALL navigators? Can it not just add it to the room the device was added in?

416to305

Basically the subject.  I work closely with my Dealer and we have done a lot of creative stuff with my system.  Whenever I want to add a Govee light, after it gets added to Composer, it then adds it to every single room's navigator under lighting.  It adds the light, then the red, blue and green channels, so 4 lights that have to be deleted from every single room.

I'm on the 90 day trial for this driver, but understandably my Dealer is advising I don't purchase it and stick to something like Hue, since I add new lights all the time.  It takes significantly longer since after he adds a new Govee light he has to remove it from every room's navigator.  A couple times he has missed a couple rooms and then has had to log back in and do another remote service call just to remove them since I can't do that from HE.

Is that something that can be changed or fixed?  I'd buy the driver off him right away if possible, but this is the reason we aren't moving forward with it.  I have about 10 days left on trial and just remembered when he advised me.

3 hours ago, 416to305 said:

Basically the subject.  I work closely with my Dealer and we have done a lot of creative stuff with my system.  Whenever I want to add a Govee light, after it gets added to Composer, it then adds it to every single room's navigator under lighting.  It adds the light, then the red, blue and green channels, so 4 lights that have to be deleted from every single room.

I'm on the 90 day trial for this driver, but understandably my Dealer is advising I don't purchase it and stick to something like Hue, since I add new lights all the time.  It takes significantly longer since after he adds a new Govee light he has to remove it from every room's navigator.  A couple times he has missed a couple rooms and then has had to log back in and do another remote service call just to remove them since I can't do that from HE.

Is that something that can be changed or fixed?  I'd buy the driver off him right away if possible, but this is the reason we aren't moving forward with it.  I have about 10 days left on trial and just remembered when he advised me.

This has happened with the TP-Link bulbs I have added into my project with the Chowmain driver as well so may just be a "feature" as suggested above. That being said, you can remove them from your navigator in Composer HE. 

Click on the Room in the Monitoring tab, put it to the Properties view and then click on the Navigator tab. Click on Lights in the Experience Menus box and then modify. It'll bring up a dialog box where you can hide (or add) lights from viewing in the Navigator. Then just make sure to Refresh Navigators. Should at least save you a few bucks on having your dealer remote in to do that. 

There is a dropdown in the properties of the driver that automatically hides or shows the devices.  Set that to false.

Having said that it will change in OS 3.3 as we no longer have seperate sliders for individual channels with the new RGBW lighting functionality being introduced.

As such this new driver we are introducing won’t have this issue as it will only be a single light with RGBW support.

31 minutes ago, alanchow said:

There is a dropdown in the properties of the driver that automatically hides or shows the devices.  Set that to false.

Having said that it will change in OS 3.3 as we no longer have seperate sliders for individual channels with the new RGBW lighting functionality being introduced.

As such this new driver we are introducing won’t have this issue as it will only be a single light with RGBW support.

I don't think that is what he is talking about @alanchow. I think he is saying when he adds the driver to the project the light is default visible in all rooms. 

13 hours ago, 416to305 said:

G'day, I don't actually remember anyone reporting this issue.. After setting the setting to false as Alan mentioned, the lights can be hidden in other rooms. However, if your installer sends me a message , I can send them a copy of a beta they can deploy (which should fix this issue) 

9 hours ago, rea said:

This has happened with the TP-Link bulbs I have added into my project with the Chowmain driver as well so may just be a "feature" as suggested above. That being said, you can remove them from your navigator in Composer HE. 

Click on the Room in the Monitoring tab, put it to the Properties view and then click on the Navigator tab. Click on Lights in the Experience Menus box and then modify. It'll bring up a dialog box where you can hide (or add) lights from viewing in the Navigator. Then just make sure to Refresh Navigators. Should at least save you a few bucks on having your dealer remote in to do that. 

As Alan has mentioned, the TPLink driver has been totally rewritten, and is now available to C4 beta testers .  As a side effect it no longer has this problem.  

Can I ask what the specific setting/dropdown is called?  Just because my Dealer had told me previously that it's not possible and that he has to manually remove them from each room, so just wondering how he could miss that if there's an obvious drop down.  I also just wanted to mention that it wasn't just 1 Dealer that told me this, as I have a local guy I use plus a remote one, and it was actually both of them that said this can't be done, which is why I wanted to post here.

Just to make sure everyone fully understands what I'm referring to is say you have 20 rooms in your house and you add a Govee light to one of the rooms being the Kitchen.  It then adds that Govee light to ALL 20 rooms under the Navigators > Lighting.  So, you then have to go and delete it (plus the RGB) from the 19 other rooms as otherwise the app and touchscreens show the Govee lights in every single room.  Add a second Govee, and you're back to removing it from the other rooms again.

On 4/10/2022 at 5:38 AM, 416to305 said:

Can I ask what the specific setting/dropdown is called?  Just because my Dealer had told me previously that it's not possible and that he has to manually remove them from each room, so just wondering how he could miss that if there's an obvious drop down.  I also just wanted to mention that it wasn't just 1 Dealer that told me this, as I have a local guy I use plus a remote one, and it was actually both of them that said this can't be done, which is why I wanted to post here.

Just to make sure everyone fully understands what I'm referring to is say you have 20 rooms in your house and you add a Govee light to one of the rooms being the Kitchen.  It then adds that Govee light to ALL 20 rooms under the Navigators > Lighting.  So, you then have to go and delete it (plus the RGB) from the 19 other rooms as otherwise the app and touchscreens show the Govee lights in every single room.  Add a second Govee, and you're back to removing it from the other rooms again.

The 'Auto Hide Proxies' property should be set to false before binding the driver.  As binding the driver will initiate the code to hide or unhide the proxies from each room.

Note that if you can wait until OS 3.3 is released you'll get a better experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.