C4 Forums | Control4

IRUSB app version 3.0 is in open beta. Adds custom launch screens

The new version of our IRUSB app in now in open beta on Google Play.  You can opt in using this link:   https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.videostorm.irusb

Version 3.0 adds the following:

1. Support for our upcoming new IRUSB version (USB motion) that replaces the IR RX with a motion sensor.  More details on this coming...
  2. Ability to replace the IRUSB launch screen (shown when USB connects) with a custom designed screen of your choice.  The launch screen still must be shown after a boot, but it can now show whatever you want.
  3. Ability to auto program your IRUSB / USB Motion devices from the cloud  (common configs and such)
  4. Targeted for Android 11 APIs and latest security requirements

Please try it out and let us know if you have any issues.  Full rollout in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

On 4/12/2022 at 4:01 AM, videostorm said:

The new version of our IRUSB app in now in open beta on Google Play.  You can opt in using this link:   https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.videostorm.irusb

Version 3.0 adds the following:

1. Support for our upcoming new IRUSB version (USB motion) that replaces the IR RX with a motion sensor.  More details on this coming...
  2. Ability to replace the IRUSB launch screen (shown when USB connects) with a custom designed screen of your choice.  The launch screen still must be shown after a boot, but it can now show whatever you want.
  3. Ability to auto program your IRUSB / USB Motion devices from the cloud  (common configs and such)
  4. Targeted for Android 11 APIs and latest security requirements

Please try it out and let us know if you have any issues.  Full rollout in a few weeks.

Is there anyway we can avoid all this 20 seconds or convince u to make it less or even configurable parameter? Things are much fatser now and its killing me to wait all this long to resume C4 control after a forced reboot!

11 minutes ago, Amr said:

Is there anyway we can avoid all this 20 seconds or convince u to make it less or even configurable parameter? Things are much fatser now and its killing me to wait all this long to resume C4 control after a forced reboot!

If you are referring to the time from boot until IRUSB is useable:

By default, it will become active as soon as the Android service loader finishes loading everything.  Note that this is AFTER the device menus are active to local control because all services load in the background and are lower priority.  So it is as fast as it can be, there are no manual delays.

It can be slower on some devices (like Fire Stick) if you do a soft reboot.  This is because the soft reboot here doesn't actually reboot USB properly (OTG cable stuff) and our device has to detect that it was left in limbo and force a reconnect.  This takes longer (1-3 min) but once again isn't practical to allow configuration (our setting is known to always work).

If you mean something else please give more details.

56 minutes ago, videostorm said:

By default, it will become active as soon as the Android service loader finishes loading everything.  Note that this is AFTER the device menus are active to local control because all services load in the background and are lower priority.  So it is as fast as it can be, there are no manual delays.

It can be slower on some devices (like Fire Stick) if you do a soft reboot.  This is because the soft reboot here doesn't actually reboot USB properly (OTG cable stuff) and our device has to detect that it was left in limbo and force a reconnect.  This takes longer (1-3 min) but once again isn't practical to allow configuration (our setting is known to always work).

Yes this was my comment on the time it takes from boot to be operational with C4 assuming control, I thought I read that u are inserting this delay intentionally waiting for the device to function, I must be wrong!

On 5/11/2022 at 12:32 AM, videostorm said:

Can I ask you for a fair favor then? Pls update ur C4 driver to OS3, currently it’s displaying a different Icon than the one you intended to use for OS2 😃 am using your driver over Chowmain one and it’s packed with features really, just the icon thing!

7 hours ago, Amr said:

Can I ask you for a fair favor then? Pls update ur C4 driver to OS3, currently it’s displaying a different Icon than the one you intended to use for OS2 😃 am using your driver over Chowmain one and it’s packed with features really, just the icon thing!

I'll look at that.  Personally I never see the icons cause I only use the SR remotes....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.