C4 Forums | Control4

Is there any c4 api call to remove specific driver from project or invoke driver restart

Satish Narayana

13 hours ago, alanchow said:

Also not the right place to ask.  You should discuss Control4 SDK / API questions directly to Control4.

Why wouldn't this be the right place to ask? Control4 has a public API that anyone can access. As long as the folks with access have the discretion to not reveal private information, the only thing public conversation does is benefit others with the same or similar questions.

20 hours ago, Satish Narayana said:

Is there any c4 api call to [...] invoke driver restart.

No API call that I'm aware of, but you might be able to make it happen manually depending on what you are wanting to do. Are you wanting to restart the same driver making the restart call? Another driver that you wrote? Any random driver?

5 hours ago, Andrew H said:

Why wouldn't this be the right place to ask? Control4 has a public API that anyone can access. As long as the folks with access have the discretion to not reveal private information, the only thing public conversation does is benefit others with the same or similar questions.

Uhm, because the support here would be relatively limited, and Control4 has a dedicated team to answer your questions?

Don't always assume the worst....

4 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Don't always assume the worst....

I haven't. Saying that you should contact C4 directly and that this is "not the right place to ask" is not the same as saying that you'll get a better answer from Control4. I don't disagree that you could get a better answer directly from Control4, but unless OP is trying to get at a private API -- hence my comment about discretion -- then the "Driver Dev" section of a Control4 forum is exactly the right place to ask questions regarding developing a Control4 driver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.