C4 Forums | Control4

camera missing from ios app

Hi, i have a customer that has a couple of cameras missing from showing up in this ios app.  I can see all of them on my android and the touchscreens.  I did all the standard troubleshooting, refresh navigator, reinstall app.  We tried 2 different ios devices, same thing.  But on 2 different Android devices it works, they all show up. Any obvious things I'm missing?

Cameras are all PoE Lumas from C4. They all get IP address, all same settings, high res with medium quality. Some other settings to look at?

@DarioH Have you tried rebooting your controller? We're fixing a bug now that causes cameras to disappear and if it's the same one you're experiencing, rebooting the controller is a workaround. What triggers it is adding/removing cameras in Composer. This bug only affects iOS.

On 5/24/2022 at 7:30 PM, ChrisHenderson said:

@DarioH Have you tried rebooting your controller? We're fixing a bug now that causes cameras to disappear and if it's the same one you're experiencing, rebooting the controller is a workaround. What triggers it is adding/removing cameras in Composer. This bug only affects iOS.

How about the issue with IOS for any Amcrest Camera Thumb takes ages to show up that existed and was fixed in OS2 but never implemented in OS3? Android works just fine! I had opened up a ticket already but I see no progress on this at all!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 5:52 PM, ChrisHenderson said:

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on with your Amcrest cameras. Which model(s) of camera do you have?

All types of Amcrest doesn’t show on IOS and is instant on Android C4 App, it has to do with Authentication I believe, same results on OS2 but was not fixed in OS3 as it was built from ground up so whatever was fixed in OS2 was not included in OS3!

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

What driver are you using?

All drivers gives same result, I tried every driver free and paid all gives same result on IOS no thumbs, takes random 10-15 secs to appear and sometimes they don’t appear!

59 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

If it's a newish iPhone go into the phones settings -> wifi -> disable private address. 

This was turned off from 2 years since Apple started this with IOS 13!

Hi, for the Lumas cameras, the reason they were not showing up on the T4 touchscreen was that the framerate on them was not set right.  I don't remember what we ended up choosing, maybe 25 fps?  But check those out, i was on the phone with a Control 4 tech, and they mentioned to change the framerate. I had to go into the camera via its own IP address and change it from there. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.