C4 Forums | Control4

Issues with notifications and intercom calls

So, a little ways back I had to do a full factory reset and restore on my iPhone 13 Pro. Since then, I no longer get push notifications or intercom calls. From my phone I can initiate intercom calls from my phone and those work fine, but when someone rings my doorbell my phone never rings. I’ve rebooted the C4 system, I’ve rebooted the door station (DS2 Mini), checked in customer.control4.com to make sure notifications are enabled (didn’t see anything that looked obvious)…I’ve done everything that I can think of. I’m hoping someone has some ideas or guidance for me to get this back up and running. It’s been a couple of months and I’d really like to get this back functioning.

It works still on my wife’s phone (also an iPhone) and my 4Sight subscription is active and up to date. Remote access and everything from my phone works - just no push notifications or inbound intercom calls from the DS2. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

Have you checked to make sure that you haven't disabled notifications from the Control4 app in your phones notification settings? 

Do you use a VPN on your phone? 

I do have a VPN setup, but rarely use it. I have confirmed that I have notifications enabled. 

Alright, I’ll pay. Is $50 enough? $100? What’s the bounty to get someone to help me with this? If someone can get it working together, even if it takes ten seconds, there’s $100 in it for you. Shoot me a DM if you’re interested. 

46 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

In all likelihood, your 4sight has simply expired.. 

That is not the case. 4Sight did NOT expire. Works on one phone, not the other. It was working up until a factory reset on the phone. Actually, 3 out of 4 phones it works fine...just doesn't work on mine.

I don't know if this is your problem, but there is a new way that users have to setup their doorbells now.   Each person with the app has to have their own login.  If you have more than one device using the same login it will not work.  Every phone needs its own login now.  All you need to do is simply login to my.control4.com and add some user emails and separate user logins and probably reboot.  IF this is your issue....

11 hours ago, sah said:

I don't know if this is your problem, but there is a new way that users have to setup their doorbells now.   Each person with the app has to have their own login.  If you have more than one device using the same login it will not work.  Every phone needs its own login now.  All you need to do is simply login to my.control4.com and add some user emails and separate user logins and probably reboot.  IF this is your issue....

Yeah, I’m aware of that and it’s setup correctly. Like I said in the thread, it was all working up until a reset/restore of my phone. 

Removing every device from my customer.control4.com (it had gotten quite cluttered over the last 15 years), removing the app from my phone and then starting over fixed the intercom. I still haven’t been able to figure out what’s up with announcements, but haven’t invested much in trying since I got the intercom working. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.