C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 OS 3.3 Lighting Updates

c4234641-a676-4a65-c036-a71a793fc57d.jpg

Control4 OS 3.3 update adds RGBW Lighting support

Today Control4 announced the release of OS 3.3.  Chowmain Software & Apps has been working diligently with Control4 to upgrade or rewrite many of our lighting drivers to provide support for some exciting new features which add full color wheel options to the Control4 interface along with color temperature and many product specific features.

6 drivers by Chowmain are available now with OS 3.3 lighting support

Existing customers that have purchased these drivers in the past will get to upgrade to the newest driver for free.  For those who have not utilised our drivers before all of our drivers come with a 90 day trial.

Link below to mailblast with further details.

https://mailchi.mp/chowmainsoft/new-control4-os-33-rgbw-lighting-support

15 minutes ago, therockhr said:

Does the tp-link driver work with the KL-400L5 and KL-400L10 led strips? These are RGB strips only. 

The new driver detects the capabilities of the hardware and adjusts itself to match.  You can test out any of our drivers using our 90 day trial.

8 minutes ago, Kaas Mayer said:

had the gu10 bulbs within a trial, but the color of the lamp was completly different in the old versions. (bad dim behavior of the lamps.)

did you test the bulb with the driver? maybe its better now with the color wheel

Just wondering which driver you were having issues with dimming?  I have heard of weirdness in Tuya on some bulbs (which is a bug), but haven't had any reports with the others about incorrect colors / brightness

i think it was version 20211108.

white, red, green, blue worked fine, but mixed colors won´t work.

for example: 100% red and 100% green wasnt yellow. it was still green. 
to receive yellow it was more like 100% red and 10% green. 

maybe this works better with the color wheel :)

6 minutes ago, Kaas Mayer said:

i think it was version 20211108.

white, red, green, blue worked fine, but mixed colors won´t work.

for example: 100% red and 100% green wasnt yellow. it was still green. 
to receive yellow it was more like 100% red and 10% green. 

maybe this works better with the color wheel :)

Just to clarify though, which drivers? Were they the TPLink ones?

12 hours ago, alanchow said:

Today Control4 announced the release of OS 3.3.  Chowmain Software & Apps has been working diligently with Control4 to upgrade or rewrite many of our lighting drivers to provide support for some exciting new features which add full color wheel options to the Control4 interface along with color temperature and many product specific features.

Existing customers that have purchased these drivers in the past will get to upgrade to the newest driver for free.  For those who have not utilised our drivers before all of our drivers come with a 90 day trial.

What is the difference between the previous version and this version?  As you know I was having issues with my LIFX bulbs with this driver only dropping to 1% as the lowest setting (not off even when set to 0% command was used) previously on the previous driver so want to know what is different/updated/upgraded here?

38 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

What is the difference between the previous version and this version?  As you know I was having issues with my LIFX bulbs with this driver only dropping to 1% as the lowest setting (not off even when set to 0% command was used) previously on the previous driver so want to know what is different/updated/upgraded here?

That is fixed. Lifx driver is totally rewritten for the new lighting proxy. 

5 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

In older versions of the driver we used to dim and then turn off with a timer (probably due to limitations on the API at the time or other reasons).

That's been changed. It's now 1 command

29 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Does this color wheel not work for DMX lighting? I have a lot of DMX Strip lighting but not seeing any color wheel in any of those rooms. Does it need enabled some how? 

What driver are you using?  The drivers themselves need to be updated.  Domaudeo's DMX driver hasn't been updated yet.

59 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Does this color wheel not work for DMX lighting? I have a lot of DMX Strip lighting but not seeing any color wheel in any of those rooms. Does it need enabled some how? 

As Loller said.. OS 3.3 requires new drivers for ColorWheel support (and they may not be available). 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:28 PM, alanchow said:

Does this also support Magic Home devices?  Like these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073Y4BGXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Looks like Duomodo requires a fresh driver install from the dealer? Can't update current driver?

That’s right. Which is a total pain in the ass because you go first to determine EVERYWHERE that you have any programming that involves these devices, then edit it to add in the new devices. If you do that before removing the old ones, life is a bit easier. Still frustrating. I wish you could “swap” and have one device take the place of another in every line or programming. 

Not having to have the color selection appear as a camera any more is nice. All in all I’d say it’s worth the effort. Took me about 40 minutes including downloading the composer update, etc… I swapped out 6 instances of the old RGBW driver for the new one and only had to update a faulty minimal amount of programming. 

22 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

I wish you could “swap” and have one device take the place of another in every line or programming. 

Most of the older drivers used multiple light proxies (for one slider each for R,G,B, and W), and the new ones only use a single light proxy, so unfortunately, there was no way to make the switch automatically.

Making the matter worse, not all of the older drivers used the same set of light proxies, some were RGB, some were RGBW, some were RGB/W + Brightness.  Others didn't have the proxies in the same order, or included hacky color wheel functionality (camera proxy), etc.

It was quite the mess.

Sorry for the trouble, but it should be worth it in the end.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.