C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 OS 3.3 Lighting Updates

Oy I have a lot of lighting scenes based on time of year and color. Sounds like I'll need to go and change all of those lighting scenes. Will be worth it in the end but will be some work. I look forward greatly to not havaing 5 sliders in each room w RGB W lighting.

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

because you go first to determine EVERYWHERE that you have any programming that involves these devices,

Which is where the Composer Pro summary view they added a few versions back is so very useful - it'll list any programming a device is involved in - both as actions and events or conditionals. No it won't list scenes it's in though.

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Which is where the Composer Pro summary view they added a few versions back is so very useful - it'll list any programming a device is involved in - both as actions and events or conditionals. No it won't list scenes it's in though.

Yeah, and I used it for that purpose. Still harder than it should be. 

13 hours ago, RyanE said:

Most of the older drivers used multiple light proxies (for one slider each for R,G,B, and W), and the new ones only use a single light proxy, so unfortunately, there was no way to make the switch automatically.

Making the matter worse, not all of the older drivers used the same set of light proxies, some were RGB, some were RGBW, some were RGB/W + Brightness.  Others didn't have the proxies in the same order, or included hacky color wheel functionality (camera proxy), etc.

It was quite the mess.

Sorry for the trouble, but it should be worth it in the end.

RyanE

Yeah, it’s awesome! I thought the way Domaudeo used the camera proxy was clever, but this new way is great. 

22 hours ago, anon2828 said:

I have a ton of Philips Wiz LED tape lights in my project controlled by this driver:

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/lighting/wiz-led-rgb-wifi-light-driver/

Does anyone know if/when it will be updated to work with the enhanced lighting controls (color wheel) in OS 3.3?

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to reach out for Axon Engineering to ask them about updating their driver to support 3.3, if they are not actively updating their drivers to the new version, no one can

Just spoke with Axon - they are updating their Philips Wiz Driver to work with the enhanced lighting controls in OS 3.3.  ETA is a few weeks.

I'll say here again that the integration has been flawless with C4 and that the quality of the Philips Wiz tape lights and bulbs are on par with the Hue series at nearly 1/2 the price.  Also no hub.

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/lighting/wiz-led-rgb-wifi-light-driver/

2 hours ago, nxr said:

My LIFX driver updated automatically to the new one (and I have 3.3)  for the one labeled “main” but do I also need a new driver for each light and where do I find that? 

You need the V2 driver for the lights.. You can grab them from Driver Central. 

The colorwheel drivers needed some major changes over the old ones

On 6/15/2022 at 3:26 PM, anon2828 said:

Just spoke with Axon - they are updating their Philips Wiz Driver to work with the enhanced lighting controls in OS 3.3.  ETA is a few weeks.

I'll say here again that the integration has been flawless with C4 and that the quality of the Philips Wiz tape lights and bulbs are on par with the Hue series at nearly 1/2 the price.  Also no hub.

How did you get in touch with Axon?  They developed the Nexlux driver I have but when I tried to fill out the contact form on their website, it didn't "submit" the information.  Can you send the contact info you have?  Or, do you know if they plan on updating all their drivers (Nexlux included)?

G'day all, Just another update, 

We did a major Yeelight update a few days ago (if you're using Yeelight, give the scenes a go).

Also, for those who are having trouble, we have a new Govee update today too, which better handles the new server rate limits (and it should no longer hit rate limits when using the colorwheel). Version 20220617 (if anyone was having problems with the colorwheel in particular)

8 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

G'day all, Just another update, 

We did a major Yeelight update a few days ago (if you're using Yeelight, give the scenes a go).

What was this update addressing? I had no issues with the previous one

3 hours ago, OceanDad said:

Yeelight was locking up for me - unable to control intermittently if you used the color wheel for a bit.  Have just updated, so will see if this fixes things.

Yeelight has a rate limit on the requests sent to a bulb.

The Color wheel sends requests at a higher frequency than simple on/off and level commands.

I suspect the issue you are seeing is the quota restriction on the Yeelight bulb rather than the driver.

1 hour ago, david@berto.co.uk said:

Yeelight has a rate limit on the requests sent to a bulb.

The Color wheel sends requests at a higher frequency than simple on/off and level commands.

Reason #2355 for why cloud APIs suck.

It would be very unusual for a local control API to have rate limiting in this fashion, but quite common for cloud APIs...

RyanE

13 hours ago, OceanDad said:

Yeelight was locking up for me - unable to control intermittently if you used the color wheel for a bit.  Have just updated, so will see if this fixes things.

So, our driver uses the local API, but there is a really generous quota (1 command per second). I believe this is because the light syncs back to their cloud servers for their app control. No beta testers reported hitting the quota actually (so, I didn't believe it was much of an issue).  And, in practice, you'd have to use the colorwheel a lot in my experience to hit it. 

That being said, the Colorwheel tends to send commands even moving your finger though (which has been causing issues for a number of drivers). 

@OceanDadIf you send me a message with your email address, I've modified the driver (20220618) to only send the colorwheel command when you've stopped changing it, which should fix the issue. And its similar to some of the code we added to Govee.

If it fixes the issue on your side too, I'll push it to production

15 hours ago, Amr said:

What was this update addressing? I had no issues with the previous one

A lot of things. But mainly:

• Click / Hold rates should now operate correctly
  • Ramping is now correctly working and smooth (both up and down, and from on -> Off, off Off -> On).
  • Provide an option regarding whether users want to automatically turn on the light if a colour is selected
  • I rewrote the scene handling code to fix the edgecases (and, I personally wouldn't hesitate to demo it if I was still an installer with a showroom, especially as you can add custom colorflow light sequences which can be exposed in extras too).  

On 6/18/2022 at 1:13 AM, OceanDad said:

G'day, 

Just letting you know, 20220621 has been pushed to production. It changes a few things:

• Colorwheel will only change color after you're done moving it. This should fix the quota issue. If there are still issues, let me know
  • Diagnostics have been further improved 
  • Those using foreign locales (mainly Germany) should hopefully no longer encounter issues (let us know if issues persist).

On 6/22/2022 at 5:20 AM, Andrew luecke said:

G'day, 

Just letting you know, 20220621 has been pushed to production. It changes a few things:

• Colorwheel will only change color after you're done moving it. This should fix the quota issue. If there are still issues, let me know
  • Diagnostics have been further improved 
  • Those using foreign locales (mainly Germany) should hopefully no longer encounter issues (let us know if issues persist).

Hi Andrew, I keep having these error messages in my director log, 100's of them, are these 

2022-06-26 08:58:19.968 +0200 home-controller-800-000FFF58110F [2925] (2925) ERROR: LUA_ERROR [id: 4727][name: Yeelight V2 (OS3.3+)][file: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: calling 'ColorCCTtoXY' on bad self (kelvin should be a number)
2022-06-26 08:58:21.768 +0200 home-controller-800-000FFF58110F [2925] (2925) ERROR: LUA_ERROR [id: 4725][name: Yeelight V2 (OS3.3+)][file: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: calling 'ColorCCTtoXY' on bad self (kelvin should be a number)

9 minutes ago, Amr said:

Hi Andrew, I keep having these error messages in my director log, 100's of them, are these 

2022-06-26 08:58:19.968 +0200 home-controller-800-000FFF58110F [2925] (2925) ERROR: LUA_ERROR [id: 4727][name: Yeelight V2 (OS3.3+)][file: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: calling 'ColorCCTtoXY' on bad self (kelvin should be a number)
2022-06-26 08:58:21.768 +0200 home-controller-800-000FFF58110F [2925] (2925) ERROR: LUA_ERROR [id: 4725][name: Yeelight V2 (OS3.3+)][file: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: calling 'ColorCCTtoXY' on bad self (kelvin should be a number)

are you sure your driver is current?

15 minutes ago, Amr said:

Submit diagnostics. What version and Locale are you using?

Generally when I see this issue, its locale related (already fixed a few issues with locales)

Also, as mentioned by Mitch, make sure you are using the latest build, as it might have already been fixed

28 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

Submit diagnostics. What version and Locale are you using?

Generally when I see this issue, its locale related (already fixed a few issues with locales)

Also, as mentioned by Mitch, make sure you are using the latest build, as it might have already been fixed

Done, I only sent for one load for now:  Submitted Diagnostics To Chowmain. Please Provide Support Ticket with Problem Description And Reference ID: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2-000FFF58110F-4711-1656242770

22 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

Just wondering which locale too? Thanks

English (United States), I had sent further diag like this load:

Submitted Diagnostics To Chowmain. Please Provide Support Ticket with Problem Description And Reference ID: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2-000FFF58110F-4729-1656244115
LUA_ERROR [id: 4729][name: Yeelight V2 (OS3.3+)][file: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: calling 'ColorCCTtoXY' on bad self (kelvin should be a number)
--------------------- Diagnostics ---------------------
No Known Problems Detected
-------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, Amr said:

English (United States), I had sent further diag like this load:

Submitted Diagnostics To Chowmain. Please Provide Support Ticket with Problem Description And Reference ID: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2-000FFF58110F-4729-1656244115
LUA_ERROR [id: 4729][name: Yeelight V2 (OS3.3+)][file: driverworks_ip_yeelight_v2.c4z][method: ReceivedFromNetwork]: calling 'ColorCCTtoXY' on bad self (kelvin should be a number)
--------------------- Diagnostics ---------------------
No Known Problems Detected
-------------------------------------------------------

G'day, 

So I've improved diagnostics in this case (as it should have detected this issue). But I believe i've isolated the issue.. 

This is a mono light which was incorrectly reporting a color mode, so the driver incorrectly assumed the color mode data existed. 

I've added additional checks to ignore the invalid results. If you upgrade to 20220627 (which will be online shortly), the issue should be fixed (let me know how you go). At the very least, diagnostics should be more useful. 

Andy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.