C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa commands have stopped working with C4

DRP

15 hours ago, DIEHARD said:

It can be either/both depending on how you have stuff configured in Alexa/C4.

You could have all the C4 switches in a room on Alexa and Alexa will turn them all on and off with the Room on/off commands..  Or you could have an advanced lighting scene in C4 that does the same thing for you and it would appear in Alexa as whatever you called it.

If you have an Alexa room named Kitchen it could also get confused if you had a advanced lighting scene by the same name.. so make sure to keep device/room names from overlapping.

I'm not referring to any ALS's, etc.  I was referring to the standard Control4 "Room Off" command which turns off the AV in a room (versus lighting etc).  I thought that the integration covered that command natively.  I used it constantly when leaving a room (Alexa, turn off the kitchen) and the Television or Music would turn off.   

25 minutes ago, time2jet said:

I'm not referring to any ALS's, etc.  I was referring to the standard Control4 "Room Off" command which turns off the AV in a room (versus lighting etc).  I thought that the integration covered that command natively.  I used it constantly when leaving a room (Alexa, turn off the kitchen) and the Television or Music would turn off.   

Yes the room is automatic/built-in..

There are plenty of caviots though when dealing with lighting and AV in a c4 "room".

2 minutes ago, DIEHARD said:

The c4 turn off room command only works with AV equipment unless you have scripted other triggers but yes the room/device is automatic/built-in..

The room on command is only triggered by activating a video/audio device in the room so telling a room to "turn on" does not actually do anything,

This is why i do my rooms in Alexa and then just add the c4 "room" to that room.. If have all the lights for a c4 room in an Alexa room. When I turn the room on via Alexa, it does nothing with the AV equipment in the room but does turn on all the lights. Then when i issue the room off command it will turn all the lights off and issue the C4 room off turning off all the AV equipment too..

Okay, then this is the part that broke for me.  It cannot find for the command Alexa, turn off (room name).  Like I said, I used that quite a bit.

Oh.. i see what you are saying!

They don't show up on the customer.control4.com yet they are showing up and discovered via Alexa..

This is how it used to appear. "Rooms" are missing.

image.png.a78de85e002826a822515e769e5a7392.png

Just to note it does show up if you go into the "View voice commands" and is listed like above still. Maybe the rooms never showed up on the main list on the c4 site? i can't remember now. :)

10 minutes ago, SHPRemote said:

Just to follow up.  Does anybody have any thoughts or idea how I can get the portal to update and show my new voice scenes?

Here are the voice scenes I have

and what I see on the portal

Uncheck Pool Lights, Click Save Changes, Click Refresh, Then turn Pool Lights back on as well as any of the other new Voice Scenes you have that should show up at the same time.

Then of course have Alexa discover and you should be good to go.

44 minutes ago, DIEHARD said:

Uncheck Pool Lights, Click Save Changes, Click Refresh, Then turn Pool Lights back on as well as any of the other new Voice Scenes you have that should show up at the same time.

Then of course have Alexa discover and you should be good to go.

As I've written previously, I tried the "edit", "save" "refresh" routine but I cannot save any changes.  So, for example, if I disable (uncheck) "Pool Lights" on the portal and click Save, I get the screen below (where no Voice Scences, Devices, etc show up at all).  If I then click Refresh, the list returns but without the change.  This is the strangeness:  for some reason the Controller and portal are not syncing Voice stuff at all.  I know there's a connection because the portal does correctly list my Controller id and what software I'm running and says that it's checking in.  

Portal Save.jpg

Maybe something in the Alexa app. I don't know but maybe if you disable the Control4 skill and then enable it. Also if you delete let's say for example pool lights in the Alexa app and then go to Control4 and untick save changes then refresh. I'm trying to solve one of the problems myself to no avail. Remember disable the control4 skill your password will be required to reconnect to controller

I’ve tried de-linking and then re-linking the skill a couple of times and also rebooting the EA5.  No joy.  It’s very strange.  I know that Alexa is communicating with the Controller because the existing voice scenes and devices work just fine.  I just can’t add or make any changes.

Just to be clear here's the process that I went through. First go into composer and delete the scene in voice properties. Then go into your Alexa app and delete the scene. Then go to control4 untick, save changes, refresh. Hope this helps

The driver team was able to confirm v115's fixes quickly thanks to help from @SHPRemote so the release of v114 was skipped and v115 has now officially been released to production. Everyone should get the update in the next 24-48 hours.

@DIEHARD Let me know if this resolves everything with your HDMI Matrix once you get the update.

I'm glad it's fixed for you. I don't know what's going on with my system but I can't get one voice command to work. It did last night it will not  today. Was recently updated to version 115. So with the new version I thought I would delete the voice command and redo it. Now it will not work at all now. All other commands in my system do. Also try to delete the voice command from customercontrol4.com. Did an untick, save changes, refresh and the command is still there. Any suggestions thanks 

54 minutes ago, daveva said:

I'm glad it's fixed for you. I don't know what's going on with my system but I can't get one voice command to work. It did last night it will not  today. Was recently updated to version 115. So with the new version I thought I would delete the voice command and redo it. Now it will not work at all now. All other commands in my system do. Also try to delete the voice command from customercontrol4.com. Did an untick, save changes, refresh and the command is still there. Any suggestions thanks 

He is right..  i didn't understand that's what he was referring to till now when i just tried it.

Basically nothing you change with voice scenes in system design seems to populate the Alexa Events dropdown in programming... which apparently means nothing changes on customer.control4.com related to voice scenes and therefor Alexa has nothing to update from.

There seems to be a disconnect between the Alexa driver system design data and the programming data for voice scenes.

I deleted "Living Room Kodi" and also created "This is a test"

image.thumb.png.617e679c07b58090d6c8e72d379c17c2.png

The Alexa events programming however still has the "Living Room Kodi" and "This is a test" is no where to be found.

image.png.809a2786645ad09659d87cc66dccfba7.png

16 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

@DIEHARD / @daveva,
Team found a caching issue and will have it fixed in v117.  Are you both fine with me installing it on your systems to make sure it fixes your issues with scene add/remove/rename not working before release to production?

I am out of town till tomorrow night but feel free to throw it on and test and I can test more when I get home.

For some reason, the original "fix" for the Alexa driver, v114, was working better for us than v115, v116, and v117.  We are now running the latest C4 OS on relatively recent hardware, so that isn't it.  C4 times out is set to return an error code to Alexa just a second too quickly before the Alexa command is executed, about 3/4 of the time, requiring the voice command to be executed twice.  As near as I can tell, Alexa requires 2,000ms, but C4 times out after 1,000ms.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, time2jet said:

This hasn't bene working for me for awhile either, and it used to - Room Off voice commands do not turn off the A/V.  I wasn't able to entirely follow the thread on this point - is v117 of the driver supposed to fix this or do I need to config on my end somehow?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.